Search found 3 matches

by The_Shadow
26 Apr 2007, 19:15
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Something different
Replies: 6
Views: 8316

Re: Something different

If I could give my 2 cents on the word for married.

Maritata I believe is a derivative of the word marito or husband which is old meaning for a woman who is husband.

Sposata is a truer translation. Though I think the correct conjugation of the verb sposare (to marry) here would be sposa.


You ...
by The_Shadow
26 Apr 2007, 15:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Meaning of "Carcione" surname
Replies: 4
Views: 5669

Re: Meaning of "Carcione" surname

Thanks I appreciate the help. One time I was told it meant prison but could never find the relationship.
by The_Shadow
25 Apr 2007, 20:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Meaning of "Carcione" surname
Replies: 4
Views: 5669

Meaning of "Carcione" surname

I'm trying to find the meaning of the Carcione surname. I know my paternal grandfather was from Palermo Sicily. I've seen a few names that end in cione but can't even find anything related to that suffix.

Any help would be appreciated.