Madeleine
by Maddalena570
27 Aug 2007, 00:39
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help me, Please, to help my brother
Replies: 20
Views: 16886

Re: Help me, Please, to help my brother

Thanks, Peg and all - I think the Library is the place I should go to. Funny, years before the internet, we all used to go to the libraries and sift through musty old books and copies of newspapers. I have one more favor to ask of you all, Peg, Elizabeth, and SuanJ- I have been thinking very hard on...
by Maddalena570
26 Aug 2007, 01:05

Peg, I think you are correct on all accounts. I also remember many years ago hearing from relatives in Westchester County that Clara was dying and that her only wish was to see her son. My brother had been her only child. This would have been in the mid 1970s. Whether or not she actually died during...
by Maddalena570
26 Aug 2007, 00:49

Peg, I think I wll have to make a trip to Westchester-not too bad of a trip as I am in NYC. My brother is nearly certain that our father and his birth mother were married there and that he was born there. This makes sense to me too as our paternal grandmother, Maria Musa Gardella, moved from Brookly...
by Maddalena570
26 Aug 2007, 00:34

Nuccia, Hello, Canada! We have many family ties in your great country. No, this is not my father's family. My father was born in Brooklyn, NY on July 25, 1913. His given name was Alessandro Eduardo-though my father always went by Edward Alexander Gardella. His parents were Allessandro Gardella and M...
by Maddalena570
26 Aug 2007, 00:21

You all are amazing. Thank you for responding to my post. I will try to answer your questions one by one but first and foremost, thank you all for taking the time to become involved in all of this. Okay, now let me go back to the responses. I can't believe how perfect strangers are taking the time t...
by Maddalena570
25 Aug 2007, 02:52

Oh and another shot in the dark- If anyone here has knowkedge of Mt, Vernon NY, Weschester County, just shy of the Bronx (NYC) and Westchester border, I am nearly certain that my and my half brother, John's, mother and our father frequented the Blue Mirror Bar and Grill in Mt. Vernon. The Blue Mirro...
by Maddalena570
24 Aug 2007, 17:03

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for your response. I'm sorry my initial post was confusing. My brother and I know very little about his birth mother but here goes: Born Clara Fernandes (or possibly Fernandez) Circa 1913 Probably in Mt. Vernon NY (possibly Bronx, NYC) Portuguese descent Married Edward Gardel...
by Maddalena570
23 Aug 2007, 05:27

Help me, Please, to help my brother

My half brother, 21 years my senior, is not well. We know our Italian ancestry (same father who was an Itailan American) but I am hoping to help my brother trace his birth mother's ancestry. Not really her ancestry but her. My brother was separated from his birth mother (our father's first wife) whe...
by Maddalena570
07 Aug 2007, 01:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 1930 census New York
Replies: 13
Views: 15732

Re: 1930 census New York

Pink- I am Debra Rose's 1st cousin. Pasquale Carpentieri was our grandfather. I would say that you have got it right with Angelo. Benevento is the ancestral home of our Carpentieri family. And Angelo was my grandfather's brother. Never heard of a Tomaso but then our grandfather died before Debra and...
by Maddalena570
06 Aug 2007, 05:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 1930 census New York
Replies: 13
Views: 15732

Re: 1930 census New York

Debbie, It's Madeleine here, your cousin. Yes, that is indeed Angelo's family. I remember Cousin Jennie very very well from when I was a little girl. She was stooped over pretty badly from arthritis even at a relatively early age. I also remember her mother, Aunt Josephine. They lived across the roa...
by Maddalena570
18 Jun 2007, 03:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Soragna, Outside of Parma
Replies: 1
Views: 2989

Soragna, Outside of Parma

My father's family came from this town. It was his mother's family. The family name was Musa. The Musa family came to NYC in bits and pieces. My great grandfather and my great uncle ran a fruit stand on Fulton Street in East New York Brooklyn back in the early 1900s. Anyone with any info of the Musa...