Search found 36 matches

by Staci4
22 Aug 2007, 23:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vincenzo Aluise - Maybe Mendicino, Consenza ??
Replies: 54
Views: 41142

Re: Vincenzo Aluise - Maybe Mendicino, Consenza ??

Thank you for this!! I will pass it on to my father and see what info he has on any other possible names of relatives!!
by Staci4
05 Aug 2007, 10:06
Topic: Gaetano Cuda
Replies: 7
Views: 5998

Re: Gaetano Cuda

GREAT!!
by Staci4
05 Aug 2007, 01:19

Guy Cuda registered for WWI in 1918. Born July 4, 1900. Sister: Tresa (probably Teresa) Senek. Joseph Domenico Cuda registered for WWI in ???. Born March 5, 1898. I do not know what relation this person is but contact is Theresa Cuda "Some last name" Can't read it. Both of these guys are i...
by Staci4
05 Aug 2007, 00:51

LMAO!! The Pittsburgh Italians are the bestest liars :) Trust me I know!! Try looking for his father. Try looking for just the last name. My Aluise's are in Sharpsburg (Suburb of Pittsburgh) and One changed his name from Pasquale Aluise to Charles Fair (to get a better job with the railroad, which h...
by Staci4
05 Aug 2007, 00:45
Topic: About to give up here...please help!!!!
Replies: 2
Views: 2897

Re: About to give up here...please help!!!!

This is the translation from Babelfish (www.altavista.com)

Was there anything attached to it??

"The attached email for the competence reply is transmitted. Urp centers them D.ssa Ferrazzo"

Sorry I could not be more help!!
Staci
by Staci4
28 Jul 2007, 03:31
Topic: Translate English to Italian requests
Views: 3272

Re: Translate English to Italian requests

Perfect! Thank you!
by Staci4
27 Jul 2007, 20:09
Topic: Translate English to Italian requests
Views: 3272

Translate English to Italian requests

Hello. There was a website posted in one of these posts with a link to a pre-made letter you fill in the blanks and can print to send to the different communes for birth, family, marriage, etc records. I had saved it to my laptop but then wonderful Vista crashed and I had to reload it, thus wiping o...
by Staci4
25 Jul 2007, 01:56

OK So first of all: THANK YOU!!! Please I have waited 32 years.... I can wait longer. And YOU are doing all the work right now so seriously THANK YOU!!! I will touch base in a couple of weeks :D hehe If I knew how to say "Ce la vie" or "Que sera sera" in Italian I would :) hehe O...
by Staci4
22 Jul 2007, 23:08

Re: Vincenzo Aluise - Castrovillari

I looked up his sister (Marie Aluise Santelli) and HER father is Pasquale and her birth/last place of residence is Cerisano, Italy. She married Guiseppe Santelli and moved to the US and then later her brother came and moved in with them, got married, had children and then moved his family to a new ...
by Staci4
22 Jul 2007, 22:57

LMAO!! Not a problem I was trying not to be pushy :) hehe

I had to re-install Vista to my Laptop. It came with it but it got corrupted (Yeah for me) so everything was deleted. i just need to re-read this post and will get it in one short and sweet post for you :)

Thank you!!
by Staci4
22 Jul 2007, 15:24

Cathynap - Did you ever get a chance to look at your Microfilms??

Thank you!
by Staci4
11 Jul 2007, 03:27

I typed up 2 letters for Cerisano using this form : C:\Users\Staci\Desktop\Letter to Stato Civile - IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Devoted to Calabria.mht I saved it from a posting on here to translate the letter to Italian! Seeing as how I know more for Vincenzo I will use it for Mendicino and him as well ...
by Staci4
11 Jul 2007, 01:08
Topic: Any info?
Replies: 4
Views: 3624

Re: Any info?

You can do quite a bit of free stuff on Ellis Island before paying. Try it out and then see if you want more info (to pay for it). I am a beginner on the web search for genealogy. Ancestry.com has helped A LOT with my US family but any farther and this place right here (For my Italian peeps ) have b...
by Staci4
10 Jul 2007, 01:08

Still think that you need to look at this manifest: Believe this Giuseppe is the brother of Domenico, and hence Vincenzo...and don't discout that this Pasquale is his father. http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6484/pasqualealoisearrivalrb7.gif Only confirmation in the records will confirm. I cannot...
by Staci4
10 Jul 2007, 00:49

I have one better :) For whatever reason. Domenico's kids say they were born in Ohio (1920 & 1930 census's) My father cannot figure it out. I mean besides the fact that they WERE born there and then they moved to Pittsburgh (Sharpsburg) but :) Darn if this isn't starting to get a little closer :...