Search found 6 matches

by johnrose
23 Sep 2008, 11:39
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Need document from Comune of Giarre
Replies: 7
Views: 6697

Re: Need document from Comune of Giarre

Many thanks to ItalySearcher and Peter Timber for their helpful advice. Special thanks to Riccardo who called the Giarre civil office and obtained a contact fax number for me. Riccardo, you are such a generous soul and I really appreciate that you made a phone call to Giarre on my behalf. I can now ...
by johnrose
22 Sep 2008, 14:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Need document from Comune of Giarre
Replies: 7
Views: 6697

Need document from Comune of Giarre

I need some help in getting a Certificato DI Cittadinanza Italiana E Residenza for my grandfather who, was born in the frazione of San Giovanni Montebello in the comune of Giarre. He emigrated to Australia in 1922. What I need is an e-mail address or postal address or fax number of someone in the Co...
by johnrose
16 Aug 2007, 15:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Researching the following Sicilian families
Replies: 1
Views: 4278

Re: Researching the following Sicilian families

Hi
I am researching my grandfather Giovanni Sorbello born in Giarre Catania in 1904. He was the son of Salvatore Sorbello and Venera Bonanno.
Giovanni emigrated to Australia with his sister Carmela in 1922.
by johnrose
12 Jul 2007, 14:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: GIARRE Comune - Anyone obtained documents from this comune?
Replies: 3
Views: 6431

GIARRE Comune - Anyone obtained documents from this comune?

I need an email contact address for obtaining a birth certificate from the Comune di Giarre.

Many thanks in advance.
by johnrose
26 Jun 2007, 15:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth Certificate Giovanni Sorbello Sicily-Help Needed
Replies: 0
Views: 3059

Birth Certificate Giovanni Sorbello Sicily-Help Needed

My grandfather, Giovanni Sorbello, was born in 1904 in the village of San Giovanni Montebello, which is a fraction of Giarre commune. I need a copy of his birth certificate for Italian citizenship purposes. Where would I get a copy of his Certificato di Nascita - would it be from the Ufficio dello S...
by johnrose
25 Jun 2007, 11:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: San Giovanni Montebello Sicily - Sorbello Family
Replies: 0
Views: 3134

San Giovanni Montebello Sicily - Sorbello Family

I am researching families from San Giovanni Montebello , Sicily including the names Sorbello, Bonanno and Lizzio. I would be interested in corresponding with others concerning these family names to share information.