Search found 7 matches

by turnerbk
18 May 2008, 02:37
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translations of documents-Atti di Mattrimonio
Replies: 28
Views: 26062

Re: Translations of documents-Atti di Mattrimonio

I just stumbled upon this post. I have been searching for information about my Great Grandfather. His name is Liberato Pirozzo. My sister and I found alot of information and a distant cousin related to Liberato's wife Maria Vangone on this web site. Unfortunately, we have not been able to pick up a ...
by turnerbk
25 Jan 2008, 19:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vangone antonio from Boscoreale, Neaples - ITALY
Replies: 39
Views: 25202

Re: Vangone antonio from Boscoreale, Neaples - ITALY

My name is Kelly, my sister is Ginny(Virgina) our Mother is Gloria Pirozzo, Grandfather Dominick Pirozzo, Great Grandfather Liberato Pirozzo, Great Grandmother Maria Vangone. Hello Everyone. My sister and I are very excited about this thread. We are going to spend the weekend reviewing what we know,...
by turnerbk
25 Jul 2007, 20:24
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Boscoreale ?
Replies: 2
Views: 3966

Boscoreale ?

This is the town my Great Grandparents came from. I have looked it up on the Internet and I don't get much information other than uncovered ruins.

Can anyone really tell me about this town? Does this town still exist with a population?

Thanks,
by turnerbk
25 Jul 2007, 20:21
Topic: What did it cost to travel on these Ships from Italy to NY?
Replies: 4
Views: 4367

Re: What did it cost to travel on these Ships from Italy to

Thank you for the link.

So far, we have found the Pirozzo and Vagone family came from Boscoreale.

I'll update this post if I find information about the cost and ships from the New York harbor back to the Naples Harbor.
by turnerbk
25 Jul 2007, 13:45
Topic: What did it cost to travel on these Ships from Italy to NY?
Replies: 4
Views: 4367

What did it cost to travel on these Ships from Italy to NY?

The more I learn about my family, the more impressed I am with My Great Grandmother. So far it appears that she first came to NY with my Great Grandfather, then went back to Italy. She returned to NY again a couple of years later with her children, then went back to Italy again. She returned to NY a...
by turnerbk
25 Jul 2007, 13:38
Topic: HELP with Pirozzo (Pirozzi) Family Search
Replies: 5
Views: 8286

Re: HELP with Pirozzo (Pirozzi) Family Search

First, I want to thank Suanj and Misbris for you help. I'm going to check and confirm all of the information you provided. I'm sure it will add additional questions. I also want to say, without sounding mushy.... This is a very emotional process. I find myself picturing my Grandfather at 3yrs old tr...
by turnerbk
24 Jul 2007, 14:43
Topic: HELP with Pirozzo (Pirozzi) Family Search
Replies: 5
Views: 8286

HELP with Pirozzo (Pirozzi) Family Search

I'm new to this and I was pleased to find alot of information on the Ellis Island Search site and Manifest pages. This is what I know so far. Liberato (Liborato) Pirozzo (Pirozzi) and his wife Marie Vangone arrived in New York (My Great GrandParents) June 26, 1894. With Daughter Carmela (no age list...