Search found 5 matches

by pennyless
31 Jul 2007, 17:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Is Marriage Certificate Really Required?
Replies: 14
Views: 8565

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Really Required?

Peg

Thanks. I just wrote to 2 parishes, one of which is the one for my father's school. I also asked for his school records, so hopefully I'll hear from someone. Unfortunately, NY Archdiocese has no index like Chicago. I even called to double check, but thanks for the info. anyway.
by pennyless
31 Jul 2007, 16:44

misbris: Thanks but I already checked the groom index and did find something that looked like a possibility so I requested the cert.# to check it out some more. I also have the Hoboken parish website you gave. Thank you. If you happen to know the parishes in Hoboken that did mass in Italian that sur...
by pennyless
31 Jul 2007, 14:55

misbris: they lived in Hoboken and Manhattan. Peggy: I checked the websites for Archdioces and they say to go to the parish for the records. I have written to 2 parishes in Hoboken, but because I have no idea what parish they belonged to this process seems like a long one. The NY Archdiocese website...
by pennyless
31 Jul 2007, 13:14

Yes, peggy, the other posting on the other site is mine. when my grandfather came over he apparently was married to someone in Italy, so I'm not sure if my grandparents married with a marriage certificate or not. I have a picture of my grandmother in wedding gown which my father always kept, so look...
by pennyless
30 Jul 2007, 21:49

Is Marriage Certificate Really Required?

I am trying to get dual citizenship through my father's father (my grandfather). My grandfather emigrated from italy, married my grandmother (who was italian heritage but born in NY), and my father was born in the States before my grandfather became naturalized. I have all documents except the marri...