Search found 11 matches
- 31 Aug 2007, 05:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1st Wife?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10902
Re: 1st Wife?
My dad travels to the area a few times a year because we have relatives there. He visits the parishes to find more information about our ancestors. This document is from a picture that he took.
- 29 Aug 2007, 23:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1st Wife?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10902
Re: 1st Wife?
This is from the Rai parish. Do you have ancestors from there? Thank you for the name help!
- 29 Aug 2007, 20:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1st Wife?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10902
Re: 1st Wife?
Thank you!!!!! That's what I was thinking, but I didn't know for sure if the extra names were previous spouses.
I know, the handwriting is tough!
I know, the handwriting is tough!
- 28 Aug 2007, 21:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1st Wife?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10902
Re: 1st Wife?
Oh...and I used Photobucket because I already had an account with them. It worked great! Thanks!
- 28 Aug 2007, 21:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1st Wife?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10902
Re: 1st Wife?

Okay, here it is! Let me know what you think this says!!! Who is marrying who, and have they been married before?
- 28 Aug 2007, 04:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1st Wife?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 10902
1st Wife?
I have been looking at a marriage record. (I tried to upload it, but I was unsuccessful). Antonio is marrying Angela. My question is about "relito in primi voti." I think Antonio was married before because it says, "relito in primi voti della fu Domenica." Does that sound right?
Any hints about ...
Any hints about ...
- 12 Aug 2007, 05:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Help
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9590
Re: Birth Record Help
Thanks again!!! 
- 10 Aug 2007, 22:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Help
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9590
Re: Birth Record Help
Thank you, Elba!
So, what do I put in the name field?
So, what do I put in the name field?
- 09 Aug 2007, 21:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Help
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9590
Re: Birth Record Help
Okay, here's another question! I'm still working on birth records. A new priest has taken over, and in place of a name, he sometimes writes un fanciullo or una fanciulla (a boy or a girl). Does this mean that the baby was stillborn? Or just that it didn't have a name yet?
Thanks!
Thanks!
- 01 Aug 2007, 04:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Help
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9590
Re: Birth Record Help
Thanks so much, VJ! I am a member of Family Search, but I did not know about the Latin word list! So...I can't record a death date until I find a death record, because the baby didn't necessarily die. Is that right?
- 31 Jul 2007, 21:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth Record Help
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9590
Birth Record Help
Hi! I'm new at this! I have been extracting information from Italian birth records from the Treviso Province, and I keep coming across "periculum mortis." I think it means mortal peril, but does that mean the baby died? The records go on to say that the baby was baptized. Please help! Thank you!!!