Search found 3 matches

by CarpanzanoGal
21 Oct 2007, 20:57
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Italian titles?
Replies: 1
Views: 5521

Italian titles?

I've been reading birth records from the commune of Carpanzano, (province of Cosenza, Calabria) and I've come across a few entries that I don't quite understand. Is there a social distinction between moglie (wife) and donna di casa (house wife)? I've seen mothers names described both ways.
Also, I ...
by CarpanzanoGal
26 Aug 2007, 01:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Associazione Carpanzanese in Toronto?
Replies: 1
Views: 3062

Associazione Carpanzanese in Toronto?

As I understand it, many Italian immigrants from the commune of Carpanzano (CZ) Calabria settled in the Toronto area. I've heard of their Associazione Carpanzanese from another website. I'd love to contact people from that group in the hope of finding relatives. My grandparents came to the US from ...
by CarpanzanoGal
25 Aug 2007, 19:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname LaManna from Carpanzano, Consenza, Italy
Replies: 4
Views: 9286

Re: Surname LaManna from Carpanzano, Consenza, Italy

Hi! I just read your request for information about the Lamanna family in Carpanzano. My grandparents were from that commune and I'm doing extensive research into the LDS microfilms. I've come across many Lamanna's - my paternal great grandmother was named Rosa Lamanna. If you can tell me the name of ...