Search found 48 matches
- 23 Mar 2012, 18:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Re: LaMantia to Argentina
I cannot make a connection at this time. Where was Eugene born? Because this would tell us if his real name is Eugene or the Italian version. There should be plenty of ship records, and those could probably tell you his origin. Also, there has to be something with his father's name. That would make ...
- 18 Apr 2010, 20:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: can someone help????
- Replies: 29
- Views: 19791
Re: can someone help????
OK, looks like you're starting out, too many records that can help you from within the states. Have you ever tried Ancestry.com? I see info above that you should be able to find there, like social security records, census, Ellis Island records, etc. Then you can narrow to each specific person going ...
- 11 Feb 2010, 21:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Simone [Prestisimone?] of Cefalu, Sicily
- Replies: 15
- Views: 19137
Re: Simone [Prestisimone?] of Cefalu, Sicily
Donald, any progress with the Prestisimone?
- 11 Feb 2010, 21:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: grecos/testas from chefalu to new orleans during 1880s/90s
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7334
Re: grecos/testas from chefalu to new orleans during 1880s/9
I looked at the database again and it is incomplete and made by those who are searching a particular last name in a particular date. There is nothing for births in 1863 or for the Testa last name.
I only combed the database for Greco and for specific people of my tree.
But you have the dates and ...
I only combed the database for Greco and for specific people of my tree.
But you have the dates and ...
- 11 Feb 2010, 20:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: grecos/testas from chefalu to new orleans during 1880s/90s
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7334
Re: grecos/testas from chefalu to new orleans during 1880s/9
You said: Francisco Pasquale GRECO, bn: 12 May 1863 in Cefalu. s/o Salvatore and (G)iuseppa CERNGILIA.
My database has this:
1964474 1870 172 Greco, Rosaria Salvatore Greco fu Calogero Cerniglia, Giuseppa fu Salvatore
1964474 1867 157 Greco, Rosa Salvatore Greco di Calogero Cerniglia, Giuseppa fu ...
My database has this:
1964474 1870 172 Greco, Rosaria Salvatore Greco fu Calogero Cerniglia, Giuseppa fu Salvatore
1964474 1867 157 Greco, Rosa Salvatore Greco di Calogero Cerniglia, Giuseppa fu ...
- 11 Feb 2010, 19:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: CASSATA and LAMANTIA help
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6143
Re: CASSATA and LAMANTIA help
If you are willing to spend some money, Ancestry.com has a somewhat new service (Expert Connect) by which you can pay someone to do the research you need, which in your case is easy to do, because you have the location and the date.
- 29 Nov 2009, 08:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Re: LaMantia to Argentina
Livio, thanks again and sorry abt the other post under document and translations...won't do that again!
Peter, you can always ski at sea level in Dubai or Tokyo...only two places I know have indoor ski areas but there must be many more!
The one in Dubai is state of the art and makes real powder ...
Peter, you can always ski at sea level in Dubai or Tokyo...only two places I know have indoor ski areas but there must be many more!
The one in Dubai is state of the art and makes real powder ...
- 29 Nov 2009, 08:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this birth record in Latin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4867
Re: Need help translating this birth record in Latin
Thank you both then and sorry about the repost. I felt as my original post had been inserted in the wrong forum judging by the answers given by other people who would rather post something unuseful than nothing.
Going back to the translation, this is then a baptism record! WOW!
And it gives me an ...
Going back to the translation, this is then a baptism record! WOW!
And it gives me an ...
- 28 Nov 2009, 22:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this birth record in Latin
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4867
Need help translating this birth record in Latin
I need help translating this birth record, it looks like a church record to me but not sure if it is a baptism record or not.
It is from Nissoria, Enna, FHL Film # 2213578, #99/1899 page 419
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8660/detail.jpg
I am reposting this from the general forum where it is ...
It is from Nissoria, Enna, FHL Film # 2213578, #99/1899 page 419
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8660/detail.jpg
I am reposting this from the general forum where it is ...
- 28 Nov 2009, 22:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Re: LaMantia to Argentina
Peter, I think I was the LDS "regular" in ABQ who could read these in Italian, but not in Latin :(
In either case, you got me, I am currently living in...ehem! Pisa, Italy...rather stationed here now and not at Kirtland if you know what I mean...
But you're right, there is an LDS chapter here ...
In either case, you got me, I am currently living in...ehem! Pisa, Italy...rather stationed here now and not at Kirtland if you know what I mean...
But you're right, there is an LDS chapter here ...
- 28 Nov 2009, 18:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Re: LaMantia to Argentina
Here is the link, I guess the upload function is not working here.
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8660/detail.jpg
As for finding a Spanish speaking person...I am fluent and highly proficient, and also in Italian...but this is no qualification to translate this text!
It is handwritten and hard ...
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8660/detail.jpg
As for finding a Spanish speaking person...I am fluent and highly proficient, and also in Italian...but this is no qualification to translate this text!
It is handwritten and hard ...
- 28 Nov 2009, 09:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help wanted from Argentina
- Replies: 40
- Views: 26817
Re: Help wanted from Argentina
If you need help in drafting a letter, I grew up in Argentina and can help you translating. I also have used a company that searches for records in Argentina at a fee
"Raices Italianas" <raices_italianas@yahoo.com.ar>
I can help you with an e-mail to them too asking for an estimate.
"Raices Italianas" <raices_italianas@yahoo.com.ar>
I can help you with an e-mail to them too asking for an estimate.
- 28 Nov 2009, 09:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Help translating birth/church record from latin
I need help translating this birth record, it looks like a church record to me but not sure if it is baptism.
It is from Nissoria, Enna, FHL Film # 2213578, #99/1899 page 419
See file attached
It is from Nissoria, Enna, FHL Film # 2213578, #99/1899 page 419
See file attached
- 27 Nov 2009, 21:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Re: LaMantia to Argentina
I have not tried that yet, for now I don't see the need, since birth records are still available. Now that I know WHERE to look, I can get the LDS films. Do you have anything readily available?
Gerald
Gerald
- 27 Nov 2009, 21:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaMantia to Argentina
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20406
Re: LaMantia to Argentina
Found! The baptism record for Pietro Paolo La Mantia, son of Vito LaMantia and Lucia Rinaldi in Nissoria, FHL Film # 2213578, #99/1899 (page 419. He was born on 6 August 1899.)

Thanks to Ancestry.com's expert connect and some $$
Thanks to Ancestry.com's expert connect and some $$