Search found 149 matches

by warriorrabbit
04 Apr 2016, 01:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Paleoloco? Genoesa?
Replies: 1
Views: 326

Paleoloco? Genoesa?

Back to Reggio Calabria for my own research... I cannot quite figure out what this bride's mother's name is. Genoesa? That doesn't seem right. And I'm confirming that the bride's surname is Palialoco. It shows up differently every time, but this is one of the clearest. I thought before it was Palial...
by warriorrabbit
03 Apr 2016, 23:23
Topic: date on a death record
Replies: 2
Views: 389

Re: date on a death record

Thank you. I'm actually doing some indexing for the Mormons (Naples project), and I hadn't run into this before (and there are a lot of instances). It's not always as obvious as midnight but it's usually, you know, 'reported at 13' but it 'happened at 18,' and there aren't the usual phrases for 'the...
by warriorrabbit
03 Apr 2016, 18:39
Topic: date on a death record
Replies: 2
Views: 389

date on a death record

Do I have this right? The event occurred midnight on April 3 but was reported the evening of April 4?
by warriorrabbit
01 Apr 2016, 00:14
Topic: locating the record from the index, or maybe there isn't one
Replies: 3
Views: 572

Re: locating the record from the index, or maybe there isn't one

Thank you both. The two null supplements confuse me, in general... Why would you have two? Covering the same dates/churches? I didn't even look in 'null, suppl 3.' I should have gone through the actual records for May (instead of just looking at #338), but I was confused and the records are a little...
by warriorrabbit
31 Mar 2016, 06:21
Topic: locating the record from the index, or maybe there isn't one
Replies: 3
Views: 572

locating the record from the index, or maybe there isn't one

I'm not quite sure what the null for 'null, supplement 2' in 1819 is. Is that saying there's an index but no corresponding records? If there is a record, I'm having trouble trying to zero in on it. It appears to be record 338 (but the one I found didn't match) for San Giovanni Parish. (Pasquale LaMa...
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 14:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Potenza records now on Ancestry. Can I get a lookup?
Replies: 10
Views: 3368

Re: Potenza records now on Ancestry. Can I get a lookup?

He has 5 names?! Wow.

My cousin is going to be very happy to see this. Although what she really wants to do is find the two half-siblings she has, if they're still alive.

This is awesome! Thanks.
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 14:20

oh, you got there while I was writing/looking stuff up

thanks!!
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 14:19

Hi,

Well, I don't know his exact birthday, but he was 35 in April 1924 (manifest) and he was 40 on the 1930 census. So circa 1890, maybe 1889.

But looking at the manifest again reminded me that I know his mom's full name -- Maria Romana.

T.
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 13:22

Wow, that's awesome, thanks. Although I'm confused, as I really thought his mom's name was Maria. That's what his daughter's name is, and that's what he said on the manifest coming over (SS Lapland, 19 Apr 1924). This is (or... this could be) my cousin's father, and her parents divorced when she was...
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 04:06
Topic: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily
Replies: 6
Views: 4135

Re: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily

Well, none of this really answers the OP's actual Q, but: http://www.describe.org/genstuff/ferlazzo_ciano_antonino_1882.jpg http://www.describe.org/genstuff/ferlazzo_ciano_maria_maddalena_1877.jpg http://www.describe.org/genstuff/ferlazzo_ciano_vincenzo_1885.jpg http://www.describe.org/genstuff/ferl...
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 03:13
Topic: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily
Replies: 6
Views: 4135

Re: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily

Hi, I have some info on this guy, I think. Number one, I have his death record, because he died in Brooklyn (but wasn't the Nicola Ferlazzo I was looking for). I can mail it if you give me an address. He died May 18, 1933 at a private residence, 1073 70th St. He was a widower, wife's name is Mariett...
by warriorrabbit
19 Jun 2010, 02:35

Potenza records now on Ancestry. Can I get a lookup?

Got a notice from Ancestry today that they've filmed Potenza records, 1861-1938. Unfortunately I don't have the extra-special international version, can't get to the library tomorrow, and the library is closed on Monday. And of course you know I want to look it up now, now, now. Can anyone look and ...
by warriorrabbit
01 May 2010, 08:26
Topic: Antonino Alosi
Replies: 7
Views: 3003

Re: Antonino Alosi

Hi Joe,

I got your message and responded -- twice, on Thursday -- but they seem to be stuck in the 'outbox' and I can't seem to find a way to move them along. Very frustrating.

Let me know if you get anything.

T.
by warriorrabbit
11 Jul 2009, 08:29
Topic: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
Replies: 16
Views: 10187

Re: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?

Hi, That post re: Nicoletta vs. Lilli is very old. I found out later (just didn't update) that they are one and the same. Also, the LaMannas are most definitely from Messina. I think you might be confusing Sergio Nappi's place of origin with the LaMannas. The LaMannas, Zappalas, Meos, Certos, and Lu...
by warriorrabbit
11 Jul 2009, 07:51
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
Replies: 13
Views: 9722

Re: Lilli vs. Nicoletta

Hi there,

Yes, that post is quite old. I've since filled in the gaps. I know Lilly (Nicoletta) was born 17 Aug 1895, and she married Sergio on June 10, 1917. He died in 1969.

Perhaps Sergio was from Molfetta? The LaMannas are definitely from Messina.

Anyhow, that makes us related!

T.