Search found 6744 matches

by PeterTimber
14 Nov 2014, 02:56
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: WWI records for grandfather from Trabia, Sicily
Replies: 22
Views: 25214

Re: WWI records for grandfather from Trabia, Sicily

Perhaps inquiring by e-mail to as-pa@beniculurali.it att: Claudio C. Torrisi, Direttore for the confirming address of the Distretto Militare di Palermo which may be (I am not certain) Corso V.E. 31, Sede della Gancia 1o,Cortile Gancia, Palermo 90137 may be of assistance. Peter
by PeterTimber
14 Nov 2014, 00:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cossuto Surname research
Replies: 6
Views: 3905

Re: Cossuto Surname research

Postscript: http://www.ancientfaces.com/surname/cos ... ory/313311

I do not have access to this genealogy & History page at this website,however, perhaps your permitted access while I am not. Sorry. Peter
by PeterTimber
14 Nov 2014, 00:01
Topic: Bennevelli family?
Replies: 3
Views: 2333

Re: Bennevelli family?

There may be not specific place in Italy for the BENEVELLI surname (There is no Bennevelli surname in current listing.) that relates to your family, however, the majority of persons in Italy with the BENEVELLI surname is located in the Emilia Romagna Region You can locate all persons with the Beneve...
by PeterTimber
13 Nov 2014, 23:36
Topic: Miserendinos from resuttano
Replies: 2
Views: 2044

Re: Miserendinos from resuttano

For any other possible relative you can also send this form letter in Italian to them in the event this becomes necessary. http://www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm Peter
by PeterTimber
13 Nov 2014, 18:07
Topic: Cossuto Surname research
Replies: 6
Views: 3905

Re: Cossuto Surname research

For starters you may wish to peripherally read about Minturno at http://www.italianside.com/lazio/latina/minturno/genelaogy and just type in Minturno. Also enclosed is a biography of a Nicola-Cossuto at http://www.ancientfaces.com/person/nicola-cossuto/165365162 Any of us here can assist you further...
by PeterTimber
13 Nov 2014, 04:19
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
Replies: 86
Views: 264403

Re: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?

I do recall seeing an old map with the Sciacca Spelling appearing somewhat like Xiacca with the Fascist influences being the reason for the update on the spelling so perhaps authors can also be human and err. Like the exchanges of info very much. Peter
by PeterTimber
12 Nov 2014, 15:24

I heartily agree for both real and cultural reasons that the Greek contribution in Eastern Sicily and Adriatic Southern Italy was more pronounced. The Carthiginians were distingjuished by their cultural immersion in Mediterranean trade and commerce. I recall that there was a village somewhere in the...
by PeterTimber
12 Nov 2014, 04:39

Phonecian Semetic Near-East settlers predated the establishment of Greek Colonies in Sicily and Southern Italy, principally on the western part of Southern Italy and Sicily. Other Phonecian colonies were also established in North Africa (later all became known as Carthiginians) and various islands. ...
by PeterTimber
12 Nov 2014, 04:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Incorrect name on Italian version of US marriage cert
Views: 3051

Re: Incorrect name on Italian version of US marriage cert

Your fast approaching philosophy.... Perhaps you can hyphenate both surnames as is done in Spain and South America selecting the combination you desire or just make one a formal legal surname name and the other an informal surname. You might inquire at the Spanish Consulate or Embassy in Italy how S...
by PeterTimber
12 Nov 2014, 03:49
Topic: Via Magione, Trabia, Sicily
Views: 2331

Re: Via Magione, Trabia, Sicily

Go to http://en.mappy.com Put in Via Lincoln which commences Foro Umberto 1 and going along Via Lincoln until you reach Via Garibaldi where you make a right turn and proceed up until you get to an open street (If you get to Palazzo Ajutamonsto you have gone too far) where you make a right turn to th...
by PeterTimber
11 Nov 2014, 22:20
Topic: GRANDFATHER
Replies: 4
Views: 2984

Re: GRANDFATHER

con permesso Adelfio. e frazione di Tenno, Trentino Alto Adige prima della Guerra Austria. Peter
by PeterTimber
11 Nov 2014, 20:17
Topic: last name Brescia
Views: 3139

Re: last name Brescia

Sincere apologies since I really thought I was being helpful. I looked up the Brescia surname in my Italian surname dictionary. Why did you presume that I was being discourteous to you? Mea culpa Peter
by PeterTimber
11 Nov 2014, 19:59
Topic: last name Brescia
Views: 3139

Re: last name Brescia

Marcello there are abpout 7,000 immigrants from Italy who landed at NYC with the surname BRESCIA. Just thought this will help your orientation. Peter
by PeterTimber
11 Nov 2014, 16:29
Topic: Amelia (Vrola) and Pasquale Rafaniello
Replies: 2
Views: 2321

Re: Amelia (Vrola) and Pasquale Rafaniello

May I suggest you obtain the book Italian genealogical Records By Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read and can be obtained from your public library or purchased. This would enable you to research beyond what you are currently seeking. You no doubt know their years of births and can obtain their in...
by PeterTimber
11 Nov 2014, 16:14
Topic: Messina Family name in Acerra
Views: 3078

Re: Messina Family name in Acerra

I was responding for your request about nicknames/surnames. I am not knowledgeable about privacy laws as it relates to listings of residents surnamed Messina in Acerra's Ufficio Anagrafe (census office) records and whether that information has been or can be released. Of course, the census people wo...