Search found 11 matches

by Charlie72
13 Aug 2008, 14:51
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I received a response from USCIS! Now what?
Replies: 3
Views: 5525

Re: I received a response from USCIS! Now what?

I have not heard from the Records Service Branch in Washington D.C. yet. I wish there was a way to prod, coax, cajol, or harass this letter out of them. Has anyone had sucess getting this certification of non-existence of a record?
by Charlie72
28 Apr 2008, 19:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I received a response from USCIS! Now what?
Replies: 0
Views: 2384

I received a response from USCIS! Now what?

Today I received a long awaited package from USCIS. The information contained is great- my GGF filed a "Address Report Card" as an alien in 1951 and an "Alien Registration Form" in 1942. So he clearly never naturalized. My grandfather was born in 1908, so all seems to be in order. However, there is ...
by Charlie72
28 Apr 2008, 19:37
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I received a response from USCIS! Now what?
Replies: 3
Views: 5525

I received a response from USCIS! Now what?

Today I received a long awaited package from USCIS. The information contained is great- my GGF filed a "Address Report Card" as an alien in 1951 and an "Alien Registration Form" in 1942. So he clearly never naturalized. My grandfather was born in 1908, so all seems to be in order. However, there is ...
by Charlie72
09 Apr 2008, 21:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: What do the marks on Passenger Lists mean?
Replies: 2
Views: 3947

What do the marks on Passenger Lists mean?

My Grandmother arrived in 1904. On the passenger list, in the column titled "Nationality (country of which citizen or subject)" it list Italy, as did all of the others. However, in a different hand , some one wrote "2x147923 sos 12/18/42" Could this have been someone later writing the date of ...
by Charlie72
18 Mar 2008, 19:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: italiamerica.org
Replies: 4
Views: 8582

Re: italiamerica.org

They have produced nothing for me. I ordered the documents in July and the only information I have received has been a letter telling me I had the wrong address. Nicola helped me on other issues, but now they no longer respond to emails and I'm sure they will not return my money or produce the ...
by Charlie72
10 Jan 2008, 22:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Census Records
Replies: 5
Views: 5086

Re: Census Records

By reading this topic, I just found out that the entire Registro dello Stato Civile from my Great Grandparents' village is on microfilm with the LDS! Does this mean that its at Family History Center about 3 blocks from my home? I can just go there and look at it?
by Charlie72
02 Jan 2008, 19:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: marriage records
Replies: 21
Views: 17195

Re: marriage records

misbris wrote:I was just about to post you to find out if any of the info was your family.

Yes, those are ship's manifest from Ellis Island. I believe that number 63 and 65 are your relative. Do you have these manifests or would you like me to post them?
Thanks, I have them.
by Charlie72
02 Jan 2008, 15:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: marriage records
Replies: 21
Views: 17195

Re: marriage records

It looks to me that there were 2 Liberio Baldanzas who were cousins. One was listed as a baker and came to meet the other one in NJ. One or both of them made trips back and forth to Italy.

63 Baldanza, Libono Geracitinls 34 1871 1905
64 Baldanza, Liborcis Gerace Scailo 32 1871 1903
65 Baldanza ...
by Charlie72
02 Jan 2008, 15:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: marriage records
Replies: 21
Views: 17195

Re: marriage records

Are you sure about the birth years of Liborio and Maria?
This looks a bit strange but I'll post the census anyway.

1910 United States Federal Census
about Liborio Baldanza
Name: Liborio Baldanza
Age in 1910: 26
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father ...
by Charlie72
02 Jan 2008, 15:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: marriage records
Replies: 21
Views: 17195

Re: marriage records

Hi,

here is the 1904 arrival for Maria Santa Glorioso , age 18, single going to her brother Giuseppe 416 East 11 th street (?) New York....

[img=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2430/gloriosomariasanta1904ajf5.th.jpg]

Laura :)

Edit: if Maria Santa's brother's address is correct this is a ...