Search found 39 matches

by saccolicious
05 Jul 2018, 19:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Avellino Civil Records now available on Antenati Website
Replies: 1
Views: 115

Avellino Civil Records now available on Antenati Website

Along with the changes to the website's appearance, it looks like they have added the Province of Avellino to the records available for free. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino/ It says it's still incomplete, but there's still a ton of records now available on th...
by saccolicious
29 Mar 2018, 15:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Baptism translation
Views: 125

Baptism translation

Translating 2 baptism records I got for the comune of Nocciano (PE) and am having trouble reading/transcribing some records for nati-morti: Maria Grazia de Egidio [https://imgur.com/a/H9ryv] Anno Domini 1749, die sexta mensis 8bris nata est Maria Gratia Francisci de Egidio, et Angelae eius uxore hui...
by saccolicious
26 Mar 2018, 18:39
Topic: re: divorce records in massachusetts ca.1903/05
Replies: 2
Views: 204

Re: re: divorce records in massachusetts ca.1903/05

From the MA Secretary of State's website: Jurisdiction over divorce cases changed in 1887, when the Superior Courts were authorized to handle divorces. Records from this period are indexed in separate divorce docket books for the Superior Courts in the various counties. All vital records from before...
by saccolicious
09 Mar 2018, 17:00
Topic: Diocesan Archives Question
Replies: 9
Views: 410

Re: Diocesan Archives Question

It was rare for the dioceses to keep record copies from individual parishes prior to 1917. The following is current info. I don't know about the mid 1600s- http://www.diocesitermolilarino.it/contents/7/vicariato-di-santa-croce-di-magliano.html I spent a few days at the Diocesan Archives for Penne-P...
by saccolicious
22 Jan 2018, 18:53
Topic: Catasto on Family Search
Views: 226

Catasto on Family Search

Does anybody have an idea of when the Catasto Onciario might be published online? I've been checking https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/It ... l_Records) for a while now but it still says "scheduled".
by saccolicious
23 Nov 2017, 04:30
Topic: Italian Antenati Website Problems
Replies: 10
Views: 839

Re: Italian Antenati Website Problems

Ron, How many towns are you working in? Why don't you just download all the records for them once and be done with it? Am I missing something? Is there a quick and easy way to do this other than clicking on the image to enlarge it, saving it, and moving on to the next one? Which really takes foreve...
by saccolicious
01 Oct 2017, 03:01
Topic: Vital records + genealogical research in other states
Replies: 0
Views: 273

Vital records + genealogical research in other states

I live in Massachusetts where state law allows anybody to go to the Registry of Vital Records and view birth, marriage, death, and divorce records for events that occurred in Massachusetts at any time, unless restricted, no matter your relation (if any) to the person. I think you can view records as...
by saccolicious
31 Aug 2017, 15:21
Topic: anyone going to Family History Center or has LDS account?
Replies: 3
Views: 430

Re: anyone going to Family History Center or has LDS account?

Shoot then it must have been in Catignano. Thanks for taking the time to check!
by saccolicious
30 Aug 2017, 15:10
Topic: anyone going to Family History Center or has LDS account?
Replies: 3
Views: 430

anyone going to Family History Center or has LDS account?

Hi all - I'm wondering if anybody will be going to a Family History Center soon or is able to login as a member of the church and could possibly send me a marriage record. I'm looking for the marriage of Nunzio Speziale and Maria Ranalli in the town of Civitaquana (Pescara, Abruzzo) for the year 191...
by saccolicious
22 May 2017, 21:39
Topic: Manente and D'Intino family info
Replies: 25
Views: 1604

Re: Manente and D'Intino family info

I have been indexing Alanno records on my site and have done the years 1840-1860 so far. Here's the link if that might help you: https://noccianogenealogy.wordpress.com ... le/alanno/
by saccolicious
28 Mar 2017, 03:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Processetti record contesting death date?
Views: 310

Processetti record contesting death date?

I'm transcribing processetti records for the town of Nocciano (PE), 1845, and came across this record that I'm not sure how to interpret. So far the folder includes: 1) Baptism of groom, Nicola di Gregorio in the nearby town of Civitaquana, to Pietro Paolo di Domenico di Gregorio and Ann'Antonia di ...
by saccolicious
27 Feb 2017, 00:18
Topic: Help locating birth record for Croce Florio
Replies: 8
Views: 607

Re: Help locating birth record for Croce Florio

Hi j, My family comes from Civitaquana and have been extensively researching the town for a while. And the Florio's are in my ancestry as well, which would make us distant cousins! I traveled there in 2015 and got thousands of records - I've traced the Florio family back to the late 1600s. I have be...
by saccolicious
11 Jan 2017, 20:30
Topic: Family Search releases Italy, L'Aquila records from 1809-1865, 1911-1943
Replies: 5
Views: 1005

Re: Family Search releases Italy, L'Aquila records from 1809-1865, 1911-1943

The city L'Aquila is in the province of L'Aquila. Chieti is its own province in Abruzzo and as far as I know, none of the records from Chieti are available online yet.
by saccolicious
11 Jan 2017, 20:25
Topic: 1841/42 Marriage in Napoli
Views: 565

Re: 1841/42 Marriage in Napoli

Thanks so much! Very interesting that I can't find the marriage record but at least we found some children and can continue working from there.
by saccolicious
05 Jan 2017, 19:03
Topic: 1841/42 Marriage in Napoli
Views: 565

Re: 1841/42 Marriage in Napoli

In my experience with records in Civitaquana, they always refer to the comune, not the province, so I'm fairly confident the marriage would be in the city of Napoli. Not all of the municipalities on the antenati website have an index, including Mercato, so I guess I'll be scrolling for a while! The ...