Search found 15 matches

by denisemadison
14 Mar 2010, 21:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giuseppe (Joseph) and Antionette DiCorcia from Santomenna
Replies: 17
Views: 11715

Re: Giuseppe (Joseph) and Antionette DiCorcia from Santomenn

Hi Bob, I been working on a speadsheet taking the info from the Santomenna tree and trying to link everything together. What it looks like is that there is an Augustino, but without a link to siblings, which could mean that the person collecting the data did not know. Additionally, it shows that you...
by denisemadison
13 Mar 2010, 22:55

Bob, The item that needs to be traced to see if our Great Grandfathers were cousins or brothers is to find out who their father was. I am going to write to Santamenno to see if they have my Great Grandfather - Francesco's records. There are also very many similiarities with another family who is Poi...
by denisemadison
12 Mar 2010, 23:51

Bob, Since my last post I have been in contact with someone who gave me quite a bit of info on the DiCorcia's from Santomenna. Based on some research and info received, was your grandfather born in 1894 and his father also name Guiseppe? Was your grandmother's maiden name Vosa? They had three childr...
by denisemadison
06 Mar 2010, 13:30
Topic: Capaldi & Di Marco in Liverpool
Replies: 9
Views: 5632

Re: Capaldi & Di Marco in Liverpool

Do you know the town in Italy from where the families came. I found that helpful in my search for relatives.
Denise
by denisemadison
05 Mar 2010, 17:31

Bob,
One other item of interest. If you are a facebook member, you can become a fan of the Santomenna town page. My cousins and I are on it. It is mostly in Italian, but great pictures and one of the page founders' name is DiCorcia.

Denise
by denisemadison
05 Mar 2010, 17:23

Bob, My grandfather Domenico DiCorcia came to Jersey City from Santomenna in 1910. His manifest calls him Domenico Corcia. He was born in Santomenna in 1892 to Franciscanto DiCorcia and Elisabetta Calabrese. I really don't know if there was a son, Giuseppe but there was another son Leonardo. May be ...
by denisemadison
13 Apr 2008, 22:22
Topic: Bartilucci from Accettura
Replies: 5
Views: 4746

Re: Bartilucci from Accettura

Thank you. I will look into it.
Denise
by denisemadison
13 Apr 2008, 18:25
Topic: Bartilucci from Accettura
Replies: 5
Views: 4746

Bartilucci from Accettura

My grandfather Angelo was born in NYC in 1896 but returned several times to his family home in Accentura when a child. I am trying to find his parents names. Believe his father could have been Vito and his mother Mary, but not sure. Saw a Vito and Anna who came over in 1893 at age 36, and was accomp...
by denisemadison
02 Feb 2008, 20:54
Topic: Looking for origins of my Paternal Grandfather
Replies: 22
Views: 15471

Re: Looking for origins of my Paternal Grandfather

Spoke to my dad today. He said his maternal grandmother's name was Rose, so perhaps Maria was a middle name or something. He does recall that Dominic had one brother that they did not see, and he did not recall the name. I may try to look more in Santomenna.
Denise
by denisemadison
02 Feb 2008, 00:40

Misbris,
Trying to understand how you know they did not sail. Do not see lines thru names.
Denise
by denisemadison
01 Feb 2008, 23:24

Saw the Neckar manifest in May 02 where the entire family sailed. Looks like my grandmother went back to Gioi and returned to JC in 1914 at 16 yrs. What puzzles me is that DiCorcia seems to be a common name but cannot find a connection or starting point of all families. My dad is one of eight from J...
by denisemadison
01 Feb 2008, 22:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Gioi, Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 4690

Gioi, Italy

My paternal grandmother's family came to NJ from this town in 1904. Cannot seem to find much about it?
Denise
by denisemadison
01 Feb 2008, 22:02

Looking for origins of my Paternal Grandfather

Trying to locate my paternal Grandfather Dominic DiCorcia. Born in the 1890's (not sure if Jersey City or Italy) married Giuseppina Copozzoli from Gioi (arrived at 4 from Italy).
Any idea on best place to search where he was from?
Denise
by denisemadison
31 Jan 2008, 17:15
Topic: Caporelli and Mostacciuolo from Montecorvino
Views: 9334

Re: Caporelli and Mostacciuolo from Montecorvino

Biff/Valerie, Thank you! You guys are great at this. I was just able to find the Guisppe Verde manifest for my grandmother and her sisters. It is so good to know where they lived in the Bronx after the 187th St. Address. Valerie, looking at the info you put together, I found a great-aunt (maybe?) Br...
by denisemadison
30 Jan 2008, 20:21
Topic: Caporelli and Mostacciuolo from Montecorvino
Views: 9334

Caporelli and Mostacciuolo from Montecorvino

New to the forum, and trying to find other relatives to my grandmother and greatgrandmother. They came over on the Giuseppe Verdi in 1917 from Montecovino. My grandmothers name was Rosina Mostacciuolo and her mother's maiden name was Caporelli. Trying to find out other family and which Montecorvino ...