Search found 6 matches

by ericad
23 Jul 2010, 03:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Treaty of Peace with Italy (1947) and Citizenship
Replies: 2
Views: 3231

Re: Treaty of Peace with Italy (1947) and Citizenship

Thanks for that. It's true about my Nonno's fierce pride of his heritage. I remember he had a giant map of Fiume on his kitchen wall and when I was little he would make me practise pronouncing all the place names. He was also a member of the Fiume Society in Sydney and although he loved raising his ...
by ericad
18 Jul 2010, 01:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Treaty of Peace with Italy (1947) and Citizenship
Replies: 2
Views: 3231

Treaty of Peace with Italy (1947) and Citizenship

I'm trying to interpret this treaty and apply it to my grandfather's situation. If anyone has the time to have a look and offer an opinion it would be greatly appreciated. The treaty After WWII parts of NE Italy were ceded to Yugoslavia per the Treaty of Peace with Italy (entry into force 15 Septemb...
by ericad
03 Feb 2008, 10:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Danieletto of Fiume
Replies: 3
Views: 5029

Re: Danieletto of Fiume

Thanks for your help. My siblings and I qualify for Italian citizenship jus sanguinis so we're collecting all the necessary documentation. The documents we don't have are our grandparent's birth and marriage certificates, but it's a little complicated because where my Nonno was born is now in Croati...
by ericad
03 Feb 2008, 08:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Fiume (now Rijeka)
Replies: 5
Views: 5944

Re: Fiume (now Rijeka)

My grandfather's DOB: 29 June 1927.
Grandmother's DOB: 15 July 1930.
by ericad
03 Feb 2008, 06:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Danieletto of Fiume
Replies: 3
Views: 5029

Danieletto of Fiume

Ennio Danieletto, son of Attilio Danieletto & Anna Primosich. Born 29 June 1927 in Fiume, Italy. Emilia Maria Mladenich or Emilia Maria Campelli, daughter of Emile Mladenich & Angela Bostiancich (confusion over surnames due to a second marriage and subsequent adoption, surname at time of bir...
by ericad
03 Feb 2008, 06:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Fiume (now Rijeka)
Replies: 5
Views: 5944

Fiume (now Rijeka)

My grandparents were born in Fiume (now Rijeka in modern day Croatia) and I'm currently trying to track down their birth certificates.

Does anyone have any experience locating documents from regions no longer part of Italy?