Search found 34 matches

by Scarlett227
16 Jun 2008, 19:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina--family located!!

Elba,

I want to thank you again for all of your translation help!

With the photos translated and names to research, and your help translating a note into Italian, I was able to locate part of my family in Switzerland! We have exchanged a few emails now and it is very exciting!!!

Thank you again ...
by Scarlett227
03 Jun 2008, 14:16
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note
Replies: 4
Views: 6233

Re: A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note

Thank you, and please thank your friend for their assistance!! Very much appreciated!!
by Scarlett227
02 Jun 2008, 22:39
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note
Replies: 4
Views: 6233

Re: A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note

Thank you, Elba, for your reply. I was wondering if the letter meant that Ms. Fioretti was born in Pietrelcina and emigrated/moved to Caserta upon her marriage? Would that be a possibility?
by Scarlett227
02 Jun 2008, 18:32
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note
Replies: 4
Views: 6233

A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note

I received a second email from the records office regarding a sister in one of our photographs who has not been previously accounted for. I am not quite sure what the author of the email is telling me about her:

COMUNE DI PIETRELCINA(BN)
Ufficio dei Servizi Demografici
Si riscontra la VS. nota e ...
by Scarlett227
16 May 2008, 15:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

I cannot thank you enough for your help. This means so much to us!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
by Scarlett227
16 May 2008, 14:35
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Elba,

Thank you so much!!! We are thrilled!!! With this and the above letter from Pietrelcina, my mother and I will be able to put together a large portion of my great grandmother's family who were left in Italy when she emigrated to the US.

Here is the missing image:

http://img362.imageshack.us ...
by Scarlett227
16 May 2008, 03:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Greeting on photograph
Replies: 7
Views: 15583

Re: Greeting on photograph

I apologize for posting this twice. I put it under the wrong topic and wasn't sure how to delete it from there.

Here are the links for 6 photos which have Italian greetings written on the back. Any translation help is most appreciated! Thanks, Debby

P.S. Email is fine too if you would prefer to ...
by Scarlett227
16 May 2008, 03:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Here are the links for 6 photos which have Italian greetings written on the back. Any translation help is most appreciated! Thanks, Debby

P.S. Email is fine too if you would prefer to contact me directly.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8679/1strowright2cc1.jpg

http://img362.imageshack.us ...
by Scarlett227
14 May 2008, 19:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Poipuo4,

Glad to hear from you again! I appreciate your comments about meeting your family. I did send out a few letters already, and one kind person who was not my relative is the person who took my letter to the records office, which is how I received the reply from above. I'm in awe at the ...
by Scarlett227
13 May 2008, 17:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Re: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Livio,

Thank you so much!!! I am indebted to your kindness. It means so much to me. Now we will know who is in the family photos we have recently received.

If I may ask another question, how should I respond to this letter? I feel as if I owe a thank you letter to the person who took my letter to ...
by Scarlett227
13 May 2008, 14:35
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy
Replies: 15
Views: 21408

Translating email from Pietrelcina, Italy

Hello,

I received an email this morning from someone in Italy. I tried to translate it in Babelfish but it's a bit awkward (I can't tell who the sender is, a person or an agency!). Can you help? Thanks!!!

COMUNE DI PIETRELCINA(BN)
Ufficio dei Servizi Demografici

A seguito interessamento del sig ...
by Scarlett227
07 May 2008, 20:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Making Your Research Permanent/Available to Others
Replies: 5
Views: 6159

Making Your Research Permanent/Available to Others

Please forgive me if I'm missing the obvious post/website, and just point me to it if you have already answered this question. I'm new so am trying to play catch up!

When I started my family research in December, I got an Ancestry.com account and have been entering in my family information and ...
by Scarlett227
07 May 2008, 20:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Frustrations with Italian microfilm for Ariano, Avellino
Replies: 15
Views: 22039

Re: Frustrations with Italian microfilm for Ariano, Avellino

I went last night to the FHC in Groton CT (I live on the shoreline) and there was an elderly gentleman there who was much nicer. He helped me order the NATI for the years 1882-1898 (don't have this in front of me, so I might be off by a year, but you get the idea). :D

He told me that they are ...
by Scarlett227
06 May 2008, 15:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Frustrations with Italian microfilm for Ariano, Avellino
Replies: 15
Views: 22039

Re: Frustrations with Italian microfilm for Ariano, Avellino

Misbris,

What do you mean by permanent loan?

From what I understood from Essgee, the films I have at the center are so totally wrong that little to none of the info is even for Ariano. I need birth records first and I guess I ordered the Allegati records.

I'm also thinking of switching FHCs to ...