thanks for answering my question !
by jennci
16 Mar 2009, 01:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please help, I'm not sure what this means
Replies: 3
Views: 3880

Please help, I'm not sure what this means

I did google translate so I understand what it all says but what I don't understand are the forms, what are they for? (it seems as if you create your own) http://www.comunescalettazanclea.it/moduli.asp

Thanks
by jennci
10 Mar 2009, 00:27
Topic: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942
Replies: 36
Views: 35409

Re: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942

Could you please look for Sannizzaro :)

Thanks
by jennci
05 Mar 2009, 02:22
Topic: Surnames Rigolo, DeLotto, Fiore, Delfavero
Replies: 14
Views: 14062

Re: Surnames Rigolo, DeLotto, Fiore, Delfavero

My Great Grandmother's last name I believe was Fiore. Catarina was born in 1890 in Sambiase.
by jennci
26 Feb 2009, 22:23
Topic: Giuliano, Giuliani, Julius,Zulian, Jiulian, Julian, Iuliano.
Replies: 15
Views: 15585

Re: Giuliano, Giuliani, Julius,Zulian, Jiulian, Julian, Iuli

Hello,
Riesi is in Sicily. I haven't been able to go far enough back yet though to see more then that.
by jennci
23 Feb 2009, 23:33

I went to my local family center. Go to familysearch.org it's through the church of latter day saints. But if we are searching the same people I don't mind sharing my info with you.
by jennci
23 Feb 2009, 16:51
Topic: Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso
Views: 3619

Re: Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso

Thanks for your help. I guess the main reason for my confusion is that so many Giambarresi mention a realative(brother, father etc.) named "Calogero" and the only one I find is Calogero Giambusso. BUT he does go to the same address in Boston as all the Giambarresi ???
by jennci
23 Feb 2009, 16:31
Topic: Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso
Views: 3619

Surname help Giambarresi/Giambusso

My Giambarresi family came from Riesi and while researching I have found Giambusso and was wondering if it's the same family. Where can I find surnames in Riesi? I was originally thinking it was a simple mis-spelling but it also appears on naturalization and draft registrations.

Thanks
by jennci
19 Feb 2009, 19:58

I have also been researching Giuliano. My family comes from Riesi. If you find that your family comes from Riesi let me know as I have already ordered some records.

Jenn
by jennci
27 Jan 2009, 21:04
Topic: Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?
Replies: 8
Views: 5998

Is there list of immigrants going BACK to Italy?

It seems like some relatives vanish....maybe they went back to Italy? Is there any way to find out?

Thanks
by jennci
20 Jan 2009, 00:20
Topic: Giambarresi from Riesi
Replies: 5
Views: 5445

Re: Giambarresi from Riesi

Hi Elizabeth,
All the info. I have I got off of Ancestry, Foot Note, etc. But I am ordering the films I need, I should have just done it already instead of going crazy with this! I do have a question though, why would so many families use the same address of where they were going???
by jennci
19 Jan 2009, 15:42

Re: Giambarresi from Riesi

Oh okay great, I found one on ancestry.com But my problem is I don't know who is who. It seems that most said they were leaving a brother, sister,aunt etc. I think only two records actually mention a parents name. I'm going over to the family research center tomorrow to review other films. I guess I...
by jennci
19 Jan 2009, 01:03

Giambarresi from Riesi

I'm back again, after alot of research and a better understanding of trying to understand and organize all the info. I find. BUT I'm really confused right now and could use some advice.......Okay here goes Concetta Giambarresi (my great grandmother) from Riesi, born 7-26-1889 came to US 3-24-1916. T...
by jennci
25 Jun 2008, 02:36
Topic: Giambarresi Family
Views: 5126

Re: Giambarresi Family

Yes I did find that info with alot of people going to Hanover St. I'm not sure how to post the links to the other info. I have but I found it on Ancestry: New York Passenger List----Gaetano Giambarrero also NY Concetta Giambarresi also NY Dorotea Giambarresi 1930 Census ties these people together---...