Search found 9 matches

by TigerHawk
30 May 2008, 17:25
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where's Nofalle Italia?
Replies: 26
Views: 32508

Re: Where's Nofalle Italia?

Hi Barbara! Possible, but Nola doesn't sound like Nofalle. Is that essential? Nola is not far from Napoli though, and is a fertile place according to the following: "Pleasantly situated in the plain between Mount Vesuvius and the Apennines, 16 miles ENE of Naples, is served by the local railway...
by TigerHawk
30 May 2008, 17:04

Hi Suanj. The brothers all went to Mexico. Antonio died prematurely there. I don't know when they left Italy. But your guess of around 1884/5 is a good one. Pietro knew how to grow grapes for wine, he must have learned that skill in Italy, I'm thinking somewhere besides Napoli which is a big city an...
by TigerHawk
29 May 2008, 20:16

Close, Suanj, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be our Pietro. According to the death certificate, Pedro [Esposito] Amato died "del dia veintitrei de mayo de mil novecientos cuarenta y sies, ..." [May 23, 1946]. So he would have been born in 1866. The 12 year old Pietro Amato you cite i...
by TigerHawk
29 May 2008, 17:23

Suanj, thank you kindly for the image of the son's (Pedro Gonzalez Amato) military record. I've made a donation to the webmaster :wink: . This military record shows that the son was born in San Luis Potosi, S.L.P. and not in El Paso, Texas as some family members wrongly think. I'd like to clarify th...
by TigerHawk
29 May 2008, 15:15

BarbaraR: Yes, maybe Sposeta will turn out to be the Italian version. I suspect Esposita or Esposito is the Spanish equivalent of Sposeta. But then, someone once told me that "Esposito" is the name Italian nuns gave to their foundlings. More complications.
by TigerHawk
29 May 2008, 15:01

Hi all. BarbaraR: unfortunately the documents are not yet scanned. In the Informacion Matrimonial, Pedro Amato indicates that "Filomena Fedaldi" is his mother. Perhaps the surname is Fidaldi or Jidaldi but the last letter is certainly a dotted "i." The second letter, which I take...
by TigerHawk
29 May 2008, 00:15

Documents give my ancestor's name as "Pedro Amato." I assume his birth name was Pietro Amato. Family history states that he emigrated to the USA with his two brothers, Francesco and Antonio Amato. Pedro claims in his Informacion Matrimonial to have been in New York City before going to Agu...
by TigerHawk
28 May 2008, 16:06

Hi Suanj and thanks very much for your kind reply. The death certificate is typed in Spanish and the birthplace is given as "Nofalle Italia." I suppose this could be the Spanish name of the town or village, or a typographical or aural error. But the town name is one word. In another docume...
by TigerHawk
27 May 2008, 23:47

Where's Nofalle Italia?

Does Nofalle exist? Is it someplace near Napoles? I can't locate it on any map that I have nor does Google help. It's listed as the birthplace of my ancestor in 1860.

Any suggestions?

Mille grazie.