Search found 161 matches

by montclaire
21 Sep 2018, 04:04
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Act Giuseppe Summa and Maria Zaccagnino
Replies: 1
Views: 1011

Marriage Act Giuseppe Summa and Maria Zaccagnino

Marriage Act #48 of 1830 for Giuseppe Summa and Maria Zaccagnino. I can see that both are widows, and I can discern the parents (both are deceased?). I can also see the notes include the ex-spouses but I an only make out the names - not the full sentence. Any other info? Thanks http://dl.antenati.sa...
by montclaire
19 Sep 2018, 18:51
Topic: Help with birth record - no parents?
Replies: 2
Views: 770

Help with birth record - no parents?

Hello, can someone please translate this birth record? #600 of 1908 for a Margherita Montemarcone. Montemarcone is a mountain/region, and not a surname that I have seen before. I have been trying to find a record for my g-grandmother who was an orphan, hoping this may be it. It looks like there are ...
by montclaire
16 Sep 2018, 06:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: What can you tell me about "Ninco Nanco"?
Replies: 34
Views: 12924

Re: What can you tell me about "Ninco Nanco"?

Angela, Ninco was killed away from home, in the general area of Castel Lagopesole (there is an actual castle there). He was buried in Potenza.
by montclaire
16 Sep 2018, 04:07
Topic: Birth Act Domenico Summa 1909
Replies: 3
Views: 1030

Re: Birth Act Domenico Summa 1909

Ok, thanks. I have a pair of brothers who married a pair of sisters and it gets confusing. haha
by montclaire
16 Sep 2018, 03:30
Topic: Birth Act Domenico Summa 1909
Replies: 3
Views: 1030

Birth Act Domenico Summa 1909

Birth Act #61 of 1909 for Domenico Summa. Just want to double check - I think what I am reading is that Angela Maria Galasso is appearing in Avigliano to record the birth of Domenico to parents Vito and Domenica Maria Galasso?

Thanks.
by montclaire
15 Sep 2018, 21:36
Topic: Aviglianese nickname - Cirota?
Replies: 6
Views: 1643

Re: Aviglianese nickname - Cirota?

I have been emailing a contact that I have in Avigliano. He said that "Cirutte" is a nickname used by some Genovese families, but not Summas that he is aware of. He sent me a handy chart, see below. One of my cousins was in Avigliano last week and got some paperwork from the Anagrafe offic...
by montclaire
15 Sep 2018, 21:09

Thank you both. The more you look, the more this seems like a sad, broken family. The records that I would need to prove or disprove a connection are beyond reach but it's still interesting to dig a little deeper into Avigliano's most (in)famous son. I was really hoping to see an address listed. I'v...
by montclaire
14 Sep 2018, 18:52

I believe I have found the death act for Ninco's father, however the index shows what I think is a duplicate number - 226, and 226^2 (or 296). Looking up death act 226 I do not see a match, however on the top of act 224 there is a notation. 296 doesn't look like a match either. I am posting the act ...
by montclaire
14 Sep 2018, 06:05
Topic: Birth Act for Angela Maria Summa - what's going on here?
Views: 776

Re: Birth Act for Angela Maria Summa - what's going on here?

Found the marriage act but the birth isn't showing up. Should be 1875. Carminella is the grandmother, although it doesn't state it in the birth act for Angela.
by montclaire
14 Sep 2018, 04:06
Topic: Marriage Act Pietrantonio Summa and Catterina Mecca
Replies: 5
Views: 1485

Re: Marriage Act Pietrantonio Summa and Catterina Mecca

Thanks, Angela - I would not have figured out Tolla. Also didn't know about the allegati notes, usually I am digging through older records.

R
by montclaire
14 Sep 2018, 04:05
Topic: Birth Act for Angela Maria Summa - what's going on here?
Views: 776

Birth Act for Angela Maria Summa - what's going on here?

Birth act 49 of 1909 for Angela Maria Summa. I stopped on this one because there were a lot of familiar names but I am not sure what is going on here. Presented by the grandmother? The age is about right on Carminella Morlino, I do not have a Domenico in my tree but there should be one, by naming tr...
by montclaire
13 Sep 2018, 17:46

Re: Marriage Act Pietrantonio Summa and Catterina Mecca

I don't know if this will help -birth Act for Domenico, son of Pietro and Catterina Mecca.
by montclaire
13 Sep 2018, 17:35

Marriage Act Pietrantonio Summa and Catterina Mecca

Marriage Act #93 of 1865. Date? Pietrantonio Summa (term after name?), 23, parents Domenico and Vita Crescenzia Colangelo. Bride is (Maria?) Catterina Mecca? Age? Parents are Vito and Angela ? I am going to include the link for the index. Tough sledding on this one. Thanks in advance http://dl.anten...