Search found 87 matches

by Felitti-Trimarco
16 Aug 2011, 16:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper
Replies: 8
Views: 5494

Re: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper

Thank you! This is great! Now I just need to get access somehow. Thanks again!
by Felitti-Trimarco
15 Aug 2011, 17:56

Re: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper

Anyone out there know anything about this? Has anyone ever used Il Progresso to search for obituaries or article about relatives? It seems to me that this would be an incredible resources, but access is not easy and virtually no one uses it.
by Felitti-Trimarco
15 Aug 2011, 17:52
Topic: this may be hopeless... [Caputo]
Replies: 23
Views: 4889

Re: this may be hopeless... [Caputo]

Also remember, once you get the information on the parents of these two people, you should go ahead and use the same website to search for their death certificates. If you find them, you might be able to use them to go back another generation (NYC death certs almost always list the deceased parents ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
15 Aug 2011, 17:49
Topic: this may be hopeless... [Caputo]
Replies: 23
Views: 4889

Re: this may be hopeless... [Caputo]

This is not hopeless at all. I didn't read all of the prior posts but when I saw your ancestors were from NYC I decided to check for their marriage records. Marriage records from NYC can contain a lot of information. I'm pretty sure I've found your ancestors: Name Marriage Date Cert # NYC Borough So...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Aug 2011, 21:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: History of Castelluccio Cosentino - translation assistance
Replies: 6
Views: 7896

Re: History of Castelluccio Cosentino - translation assistan

Finally got this translated and wanted to post it for all to appreciate: Historical Information on CASTELLUCCIO COSENTINO The origin of the small village of Castelluccio Cosentino1 dates back to 1503, when Spaniards from Castile had taken possession of the Kingdom of Naples. Among them was a command...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Aug 2011, 21:08

Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper

Hello, I know this thread has been done before, but there was never a definitive answer so I thought I would revive it. Il Progresso was a daily Italian paper in New York City from about 1880-1989. Has anyone out there ever used this is a genealogy resource? A prior thread on this site indicated tha...
by Felitti-Trimarco
19 Jun 2010, 20:14
Topic: Potenza records now on Ancestry. Can I get a lookup?
Replies: 10
Views: 5517

Re: Potenza records now on Ancestry. Can I get a lookup?

I just checked this new archive on ancestry. It looks great, but it doesn't look like you can search by name, just by town. Am I missing something? I have ancestry in Vietri and would love to look up those names. Any ideas or do you have to search page by page?

FT
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Jun 2010, 00:27
Topic: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
Replies: 22
Views: 23173

Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza

Hi there, I hired someone in Utah (a professional genealogy researcher) to help me locate original birth records, marriage records, death records etc. I have had tremendous success with this. Luckily, the LDS in Utah had records for Vietri di Potenza that go very far back. I highly recommend Kathy K...
by Felitti-Trimarco
07 May 2010, 23:27
Topic: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name
Replies: 11
Views: 8086

Re: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name

Success! Using a Y-chromosome DNA test and the information that my great great grandparents Nicoletta Trimarco & Pasquale Felitt were 1/2 cousins I was able to confirm the identity of my great great great grandfather Domenico Trimarco's father! Domenico Trimarco (b. 1845 - d. 1906) was the son o...
by Felitti-Trimarco
16 Apr 2010, 02:27
Topic: Basile
Replies: 16
Views: 17270

Re: Basile

Hello, I too have Basile ancestry. My great x 3 grandmother was Filomena Basile. She was from Buccino in Salerno. She died in 1871 in her 20's. She married Domenico Trimarco and died after the birth of her third child, Giovanni Trimarco. Just thought I would throw that out there in case there might ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
14 Apr 2010, 23:45

Re: History of Castelluccio Cosentino - translation assistan

Hello to all! Many thanks for your messages. I am most grateful for the advice. I still haven't been able to find a translation for this document. Online translators have provided a rough translation but I'm hoping for something more exact. The original document is from the 1950's and is a scanned t...
by Felitti-Trimarco
14 Apr 2010, 23:34
Topic: Looking to Hire Professional Translator
Replies: 0
Views: 1918

Looking to Hire Professional Translator

Hello! I'm looking for someone to professionally translate some court files on an ancestor of mine. The documents are from the mid 1800 (1840-1850). There are about 17 pages of documentation. I'm not sure how much this will cost but am open to negotiate the price. Thanks for reading my message and I...
by Felitti-Trimarco
11 Apr 2010, 03:23

History of Castelluccio Cosentino - translation assistance

Hello everyone, I have many relatives born in the mid 1800's in the small town of Castelluccio Cosentino. It is only a few hundred people in size. I have been able to learn very little about the town, but I did find what appears to be a historical document online. This document tells a little bit ab...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Apr 2010, 19:15
Topic: Professional Translation Assistance
Replies: 2
Views: 2495

Professional Translation Assistance

Hello everyone! Can anyone recommend a professional translator? I have a number of documents from the mid 1800's written in Italian that I would like to have translated. The script is very elegant, but can be a bit difficult to read. Can anyone recommend someone to translate? What does this typicall...
by Felitti-Trimarco
16 Mar 2010, 18:57
Topic: My Trimarco Relatives - is anyone out there?
Replies: 18
Views: 16535

Re: My Trimarco Relatives - is anyone out there?

Hi Saleant! Thanks for the information! I'm still looking for more information on my Trimarco line and am learning more each and every month, so if there are any Trimarco's out there that find this thread please post or send me a message, particularly if your Trimarco ancestors came from New York Ci...