Search found 25 matches

by mishy
07 Mar 2011, 02:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Cheap Translations
Replies: 16
Views: 6231

Re: Cheap Translations

Hi....I also used Gabriella and would highly recommend her!
by mishy
28 Sep 2010, 21:09
Topic: Parents Marriage Certificate Not Listed By Consulate
Replies: 3
Views: 2098

Re: Parents Marriage Certificate Not Listed By Consulate

Hi Ande...I think your best bet will be to email the Newark Consulate and ask them. How are you applying? You said on your Mothers side, but how far do you go back? Grandfather or Great Grandfather? Because I see that if you have to go back to great grandfather, then you will need it. I will be appl...
by mishy
28 Sep 2010, 01:03
Topic: Do church Parishes have emails?
Replies: 9
Views: 3539

Re: Do church Parishes have emails?

Forgot to say.......these churches are in the US. Did you need batismal records from Italy?
by mishy
28 Sep 2010, 01:00
Topic: Do church Parishes have emails?
Replies: 9
Views: 3539

Re: Do church Parishes have emails?

Try calling them. That's what I did. I needed baptismal records and I did it over the phone. I actually had to call 2 different churches and they were both very accomodating.
by mishy
28 Sep 2010, 00:41
Topic: Documents and Names? HELP!
Replies: 17
Views: 8056

Re: Documents and Names? HELP!

Yes, you will need your parents marriage certificate too. Did you go to the website of the Italian Consulate in Newark? It lists all the documents needed with instructions. Discrepancies are not acceptable...names (first and/or last names) and dates. Whatever document is incorrect, they would need t...
by mishy
27 Sep 2010, 04:24
Topic: Documents and Names? HELP!
Replies: 17
Views: 8056

Re: Documents and Names? HELP!

Ande.....You need to get all the long forms from Trenton...birth, marriage,death. The one you got from the town of Elizabeth is considered the short form and the Consulate will not accept those. Usually on the long forms, it will state everything, and it may have your mother's father listed on that ...
by mishy
16 Jun 2010, 20:21
Topic: Will this be a problem?
Replies: 4
Views: 2695

Re: Will this be a problem?

Thanks johnnyonthespot! I'm going to try for the Confirmation Certificate and hope that works. Amending the documents would take a while and my brothers appointment is in July, so don't have much time.
by mishy
16 Jun 2010, 14:24

Re: Will this be a problem?

yes, my mother is the direct line. My brother is applying at the Miami Consulate, and he also used his confirmation name on some of his documents. You're right.......years ago everyone used their confirmation names. So you think if I went to the Church, they would provide some type of documentation ...
by mishy
16 Jun 2010, 05:55

Will this be a problem?

I noticed on some of the documents collected, my mother used her confirmation name as a middle name, but not on all documents. My brother did the same thing. Will this be a problem?
by mishy
16 Jun 2010, 05:09
Topic: Vital chek and marriage certificate
Replies: 5
Views: 3483

Re: Vital chek and marriage certificate

I'm from NJ, and my certified marriage certificate is from the town where my marriage took place, not where I got my license. Hope this helps.
by mishy
31 Jul 2009, 19:25
Topic: Advice on name change
Views: 4526

Re: Advice on name change

Thanks mler..I knew you would answer! Great advice. Yes she did decide to legally change her name. I will go with her next week to the Newark Courthouse to start this process. She already called them to find out where exactly she should go. I will make sure her middle name is the same on all documen...
by mishy
31 Jul 2009, 16:24
Topic: Advice on name change
Views: 4526

Advice on name change

I am applying for dual citizenship through my maternal gf. I have all docs (except naturalization, which I should be getting soon), along with apostilles. My one concern was my mothers first name. On her birth certificate is the name Savera, but all other docs is Sarah, which she always used. She ne...
by mishy
28 Jul 2009, 19:42
Topic: USCIS vs. NARA
Replies: 15
Views: 13615

Re: USCIS vs. NARA

Thanks for that info, Jerry. I wish I had known to write "Dual Citz-Natz Certificate Only" on my request, as I am still waiting for the naturalization papers since Nov. 08. I did get a response 2 weeks ago from an email I sent asking why I haven't received my papers. Their reply was since ...
by mishy
13 Jul 2009, 02:01
Topic: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive
Replies: 6
Views: 6358

Re: Naturalization Documents...How long to receive

Well, I still haven't heard anything. So much for her help!! I cannot believe this takes so long. According to the USCIS website, they mention they are behind and that they are working on the requests from earlier this year, but I sent my request in Nov. 08. I was thinking of sending another request...
by mishy
19 Jun 2009, 16:11
Topic: Does anyone know?
Replies: 1
Views: 3061

Does anyone know?

Can a holder of a US passport with residency and work permit in Russia apply for an Italian passport in Moscow?