Thanks Peter, I have checked Spain and Portugal so they can also be ruled out. I have been asked if it comes from citrine which is a stone I believe. Maybe I should check to see where the stone is mined or sourced? worth a look.
Welcome to ItalianGenealogy.... In order to provide help, we need a bit more detail. :wink: Have you located all US records? Have you identified the exact town of origin? If you are looking to trace ancestry in Italy, all births, marriages and deaths will be in the town of origin. Can you provide ...
I am trying to determine the origins of the family name Citrigno. There are very few Citrigno's in Italy (more in the USA & Canada). The largest population of Citrigno's are in the Donnici, cosenza Calabria area. I have tried to determine if this is a version or variation of another name with little ...
From 12th October 1946, the national anthem of Italy has been the "Canto degli Italiani" (Chant of the Italians), written in the Autumn of 1847 by a Genoese student and patriot Goffredo Mameli, and set to music in Turin by another Genoese, Michele Novaro. Born during an atmosphere of patriotic fervo...