Search found 69 matches

by stuartcapaldi
02 Apr 2013, 14:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland
Replies: 19
Views: 10277

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Stephanie, I am interested in the Fusco connection see my website www.capaldi-clan.com However a quick search in Scotland's People and Ancestry.com I have found the following:- Alfonso Macari b 1885 married to Antonia Marsella b 1879 d 29 Sep 1937 Cambusnethan. Alfonso (Peter) d 14 May 1958 2nd wife...
by stuartcapaldi
17 Mar 2013, 13:12
Topic: Marcantonio Picinisco
Replies: 2
Views: 1892

Re: Marcantonio Picinisco

A Pyle I can recommend a book "Italy's Many Diasporas" by Donna R. Gabaccia. which will give you all the details of and statistics on Italian emigration throughout the World. It contains specific references to Picinisco on pages 71,78 & 92 I also note below some notes that I have taken...
by stuartcapaldi
24 Sep 2012, 12:07
Topic: Italians Working in Munich Bavaria from 1870 to 1915
Replies: 1
Views: 1209

Italians Working in Munich Bavaria from 1870 to 1915

My ancestors from Picinisco which includes Capaldi,Fusco,Gizzi,Valente and Boni All worked in Munich Bavaria but maintained their link with Picinisco and Villa Latina. Does anyone have any information on the type of work in which they were employed? They lived in the Schwabbing district of Munich. T...
by stuartcapaldi
24 Jun 2012, 21:42
Topic: looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente
Replies: 3
Views: 1883

Re: looking for relitives of Alfred Franscisco Valente

Ian found the following Notes from Scotland’s People June 2012 Death Certificate Alfred Valente age 51 died 27 September 1951 19 St Clements Gardens, Wallyford, E Lothian Married to Catherine Fotheringham Occupation Railway Surfacemean Father Francis Valente Boiler Fireman (retired) Mother Emily Agn...
by stuartcapaldi
30 Dec 2011, 15:12
Topic: Photograph of Unknown Family
Views: 1252

Re: Photograph of Unknown Family

Thanks Ursula.

The photograph was sent to me by a cousin in USA.
I have no details of date taken or location.
They may be related to my Capaldi family.

Any comments and suggestions are much appreciated no matter how obscure.

Stuart
by stuartcapaldi
14 Dec 2011, 14:31
Topic: Photograph of Unknown Family
Views: 1252

Photograph of Unknown Family

Does anyone recognise this family group or the individuals in the attached photograph?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
by stuartcapaldi
28 Sep 2011, 10:22
Topic: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minchella
Replies: 23
Views: 6088

Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch

Susan It is likely that he came from the Val di Comino which includes the following registration comune, San Biagio Saracinisco, Picinisco, Villa Latina and Atina. I have both Minchella and Coia ancestors in my family tree. However in about 1800 a group of families moved from San Giuseppe Picinisco ...
by stuartcapaldi
09 Sep 2011, 00:22
Topic: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi
Replies: 5
Views: 3497

Re: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi

Lisa I have no information on Links to Cardinal Gizzi. I have Michele Angelo Gizzi as having a son Louis Gizzi b circa 1890 England Then John Gizzi b circa 1915 England Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi had 9 children Giovanni Pasquale Gizzi had 7 children If you have any links or information on Domenico ...
by stuartcapaldi
07 Sep 2011, 20:10
Topic: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi
Views: 3497

Re: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi

Hello Lisa I have Michele Angelo Gizzi b 1859 as a distant relative in my family tree. The following details all born in Picinisco Pio Giovanni Gizzi b 1814 Andrea Gerardo Antonio Gizzi b 20 April 1784 San Giuseppe Picinisco Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi b 29 April 1748 San Giuseppe Married Benedetta ...
by stuartcapaldi
07 Sep 2011, 19:21
Topic: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
Replies: 37
Views: 25763

Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved

To all in this thread Thanks for your assistance in my search, it has been excellent and has resulted in the niece of Filomena's 1st husband (Leandro Mendoza) contacting me. Of course as all genealogy followers know "once we have solved a mystery it is not the end. It just means there are more ...
by stuartcapaldi
30 Aug 2011, 11:35

Jamie I received an e-mail from Leandro Mendoza's niece who lives in California. Her father was Leandro's brother. I am now waiting for further details from her e.g dates birth, marriage, death etc. However if anyone can confirm that a "Maria Morales" was also a passenger on the ship from ...
by stuartcapaldi
28 Aug 2011, 23:18

It has been a couple of years since I updated this thread. Last week I discovered that Filomena's 1st husband was Leandro Mendoza, a mexican born citizen who was studying painting and art in europe. He contracted TB and returned to Mexico where he unfortunately died. Still not sure if Filomena and t...
by stuartcapaldi
20 Feb 2011, 18:18
Topic: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
Views: 3825

Re: Rossi family, Atina, Frosinone, Lazio

I have just checked my list ofnames for Atina.

The 2nd most popular name living in Atina is De Luca with 116 people
The 5th most popular name is Rossi with 78 people.
by stuartcapaldi
20 Feb 2011, 17:50

If he was born in Atina or its villages it is recorded in the local anagrafe office. You may also be able to view the entry in the LDS microfiche records. You will need to go to your local LDS Family History Centre. you can search for this on line. Also I have no doubt many people on this forum will...
by stuartcapaldi
20 Feb 2011, 17:24

Please check out my web site www.capaldi-clan.com which details my search experiences.

The area is the Val di Comino which includes the towns of Atina, Villa Latina and Picinisco etc.