just a advice when you will write in Chieti state archive: better the request for military service paper ( Esito di leva/Ruolo Matricolare) so you can descover where Carlo was born;
Grazie mille for the suggestion!
frankly I believe that Maria DI RISIO( with space in italian spell) was widow of ...
Search found 10 matches
- 11 Dec 2008, 22:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
- 11 Dec 2008, 21:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto-UPDATE
I may have made some progress.
As I mentioned before, the names of the parents (Giuseppe and Claudina Tumini) are the same on the Pennsylvania death certificates for both Carlo Benvenuto and his wife Maria Di Risio.
Since I did not obtain Maria's death certificate until some time after I had gone ...
As I mentioned before, the names of the parents (Giuseppe and Claudina Tumini) are the same on the Pennsylvania death certificates for both Carlo Benvenuto and his wife Maria Di Risio.
Since I did not obtain Maria's death certificate until some time after I had gone ...
- 21 Nov 2008, 21:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: can any one help
- Replies: 26
- Views: 18615
Re: can any one help
It's possible that it was "mast." instead of "mask", which would likely be an abbreviation for "maestro" (master).jolynn wrote: on my grandmothers wedding cert. it gives father as mask aquila conte ( deseased) i don,t know why mask was put before his name
- 21 Nov 2008, 20:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: census records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5250
Re: census records
When researching Cassino, one thing to keep in mind is that before July of 1863, the town was called San Germano.
- 12 Nov 2008, 15:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7821
Re: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!
If it's not too much trouble, what are the other dates/times on the form? (I have a birth date from another document as 7 Jan 1889; does this record agree with that?)
I make out the date of the form as 188x, 8th of January. The last part of the year is illegeble, but doesn't have any 'd's, 't's ...
I make out the date of the form as 188x, 8th of January. The last part of the year is illegeble, but doesn't have any 'd's, 't's ...
- 11 Nov 2008, 01:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
Hi Ed!
I'm sorry, I should have stated the source
It's on ancestry. com
They came thru Phila
Doh!! I was so excited about finding a record I didn't have that I totally ignored the heading on the second page which plainly says "Arriving at Port of Philadelphia, PA"
You're so right about Laura's ...
I'm sorry, I should have stated the source
It's on ancestry. com
They came thru Phila
Doh!! I was so excited about finding a record I didn't have that I totally ignored the heading on the second page which plainly says "Arriving at Port of Philadelphia, PA"
You're so right about Laura's ...
- 11 Nov 2008, 00:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
Just for reference, double checked Maria De Risio & her foster child's (Diana De Leo?) manifest.
Last residence & birth place were Casalanguida
1909 manifest
page 2
Lines 6 & 7
How on EARTH did you find this listing?? I've been thru the Ellis Island database many hundreds of times since the ...
Last residence & birth place were Casalanguida
1909 manifest
page 2
Lines 6 & 7
How on EARTH did you find this listing?? I've been thru the Ellis Island database many hundreds of times since the ...
- 10 Nov 2008, 23:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
Go to the Provincial archives for any records not found in both towns. You can write to Directress Miria Ciarma, Archivio Di Stato di Chieti, Via F.Ferri 27, Postale 66100, Sezione Lanciano, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy.
If you wish to e-mail them....Mciarma@beniculturali.it =Peter=
Thanks, Peter. I ...
If you wish to e-mail them....Mciarma@beniculturali.it =Peter=
Thanks, Peter. I ...
- 10 Nov 2008, 23:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
Neither Carlo nor Maria were ever naturalizedwldspirit wrote:Have you obtained naturalization records?
wldspirit
- 10 Nov 2008, 19:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7922
Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
This has been my "brick wall" for the last few years.
I'm trying to track down Carlo Benvenuto, born 1868/1869 in either Casalanguida or Carpineto Sinello, died 1959 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Also looking for his wife Maria DeRisio, born 1876 and died 1951 in Philadelphia.
Carlo's death ...
I'm trying to track down Carlo Benvenuto, born 1868/1869 in either Casalanguida or Carpineto Sinello, died 1959 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Also looking for his wife Maria DeRisio, born 1876 and died 1951 in Philadelphia.
Carlo's death ...