18 Jun 2009, 23:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to learn my true surname.
Replies: 13
Views: 12571

Re: Trying to learn my true surname.

khafitzkha
Barry, Thank you for your effort.
My wife found a new place to look for my grandfather,San Martino di Noceto,Rapallo GE.
So we have a new Noceto to start on.
by venolia
18 Jun 2009, 23:22

Michael31
Thank you for the information about the white pages,my older brother was in Nucetto and said he did not think our grandfather's family had any roots there.
Bob Venolia
by venolia
25 May 2009, 01:48
Topic: P.S. Finding our surname
Replies: 0
Views: 2309

P.S. Finding our surname

Thanks to the Internet, we found another village in Italy with a name that might match "New Chato." It certainly is in the correct area of Italy, San Martino di Noceto, Rapallo GE. It's situated a bit north west of Portofino. Too bad we didn't know about it when we were driving to Genoa in...
by venolia
25 May 2009, 00:53
Topic: More info about “Trying to learn my true surname.â€
Replies: 0
Views: 2833

More info about “Trying to learn my true surname.â€

From family records and our research, we have deduced that our surname of Venolia is an Americanized name, which happened when my grandfather came to the United States and couldn’t speak English. He worked as a coal miner in Braidwood, IL (1880 – 1904), then with his family moved to Belleville, ...
by venolia
09 May 2009, 20:40

Hi adamf. My grandmother was born in Canischio Sept.26,1854,she immigrated to Braidwood,Il in 1882,she may have been married to someone named Bisonta and had a baby, Anna b. 1882,he left them in the 80s. Then she married my Grandfather in 1888 or not. We have my Grandmothers birth certificate,we hav...
by venolia
08 May 2009, 05:02

[quote="adamf"][quote="venolia"]In our research, we found a Jean Vignola on the ship "France," out of Le Havre, 25 August 1881.

We found two towns in Italy, Nucetto and Gnocchetto that could have been translated from “New Chato.â€
by venolia
08 May 2009, 00:29

adamf, my wife has done much work in the Braidwood area,I do not think there is any information about our name there. My grandmothers name is Maria Catterina Ferrero,she immigrated from Canischio,Italy in 1882,birthdate Sept.26,1854. She was not married to my Grandfather until 1888 or never. In 1920...
by venolia
06 May 2009, 23:28

Trying to learn my true surname.

Hello Everyone, From family records and our research, we have deduced that our surname of "Venolia" is an Americanized name, which happened when my grandfather came to the United States and couldn’t speak English. My Grandfather Giovanni was born in Italy in 1860. In 1900 the Illinois Ce...