Search found 6 matches

by LoNigro
27 Jan 2009, 17:11
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Rosary Question / Piana degli Albanesi
Replies: 5
Views: 7551

Re: Rosary Question / Piana degli Albanesi

Yes some of the beads are missing, I've seen probably 5 or 6 fall off that i know of. I really have no more information about them, just that they were in with the old records from Sicily and a few things that were placed in there around the 1920s from the states. I know that they are atleast as old...
by LoNigro
27 Jan 2009, 04:53
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Rosary Question / Piana degli Albanesi
Replies: 5
Views: 7551

Rosary Question / Piana degli Albanesi

I have an old pair of what appears to be Rosary beads. These beads were in a suitcase full of old family photos and a few records from Piana degli Albanesi which came over with the family to America in the early 1900s. I have shown them to many catholics who found them unusual and had never seen any...
by LoNigro
14 Jan 2009, 23:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lo Nigro records, Piana dei Greci
Replies: 31
Views: 28959

Re: Lo Nigro records, Piana dei Greci

Thanks for the replies guys, it appears that my Lo Nigro family was actually more centralized in Palermo rather than Piana as I've found out, I want to say they lived in Piana back through the middle 1700s, originally coming there from Palermo though. The Clesceris I know back until 1709 now, all in...
by LoNigro
14 Jan 2009, 23:08

Thanks for the replies guys, it appears that my Lo Nigro family was actually more centralized in Palermo rather than Piana as I've found out, I want to say they lived in Piana back through the middle 1700s, originally coming there from Palermo though. The Clesceris I know back until 1709 now, all in...
by LoNigro
07 Jan 2009, 19:12

Thank you two much for the replies. The information on Piana delgi Albanesi will be very helpful. As for the mailing list it appears to be not accepting new members atm, just my luck :(

Haha, thanks regardless!

Daniel Lo Nigro-Murphy
by LoNigro
07 Jan 2009, 05:00

Lo Nigro records, Piana dei Greci

Hello all, I've really just began working on my Lo Nigro family genealogy, and have them originating in Piana dei Greci, just outside of Palermo Sicily before coming to the states. I'm wondering if there is an online database containing birth records and marriages and such from that region of Sicily...