Search found 252 matches

by donnawright
21 Oct 2014, 08:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Gasparri, Guerrini
Replies: 5
Views: 2008

Re: Gasparri, Guerrini

Good luck with Sorano. I have tried off and on for several years and even had a very notable university professor to intercede for me. The office told him they are too busy with the living to worry about the dead. I have not received one thing from them, and I sent letters in Italian with Italian po...
by donnawright
30 Jun 2012, 02:06
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian Occupations
Replies: 6
Views: 13312

Re: Italian Occupations

Thanks Carmine. I hope I didn't submit this twice, but if I did, forgive me. I typed and then it didn't go through. The definition that I posted above from the Italian to English Vocabulary Dictionary: word colono is found still in early 19th Century Italian civil registers. Later it is replaced ent...
by donnawright
16 May 2012, 11:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Process for Italian Citizenship
Replies: 4
Views: 2352

Process for Italian Citizenship

It has been awhile since I read posts about the dual citizenship, and back a a year or so ago there were a lot of posts including about the ability to gain citizenship through the mother. I am pretty sure I qualify since I was born in 1949 and fall within the birth year requirement to apply through ...
by donnawright
30 Sep 2011, 07:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation - Morti within Processetti
Replies: 1
Views: 838

Translation - Morti within Processetti

This is an important find but I need a translation.
by donnawright
01 Aug 2011, 22:37
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Italian census
Views: 919

Italian census

1936 Census. What are these columns?
Noname.jpg
Noname.jpg (2.75 KiB) Viewed 919 times
by donnawright
01 Aug 2011, 21:36

Re: Italian Occupations

That's what makes sense to me, given that they uprooted a few years later. What threw me was the 19th century definition where colono is a land owner, but obviously the definition changed within the 100 years.
by donnawright
01 Aug 2011, 21:22

Italian Occupations

Please clarify if you know. My great grandfather (born 1860) left his home in 1912 for a town nearby. I have a document that names a podere (farm) as his address and his occupation as colono. In the Italian to English Vocabulary Dictionary, colono is defined as below: The "profession or conditi...
by donnawright
15 Jul 2011, 16:52
Topic: The Making of a Stato di Famiglia
Replies: 8
Views: 2663

Re: The Making of a Stato di Famiglia

Some of the LDS films that I am using have indices on them and some do not. Some are alphabetical by FIRST NAME (for some reason), which would certainly not help them do their research easily. When they research and see that the index is missing or first-name alphabetical, I wonder if they take the ...
by donnawright
15 Jul 2011, 16:47

Re: The Making of a Stato di Famiglia

Thanks, Ann and Paul. I read here and elsewhere that it is a nuisance for them to do these. Now I have a better understand of the mechanics to prepare one. Good to know. I have a few of these with the oldest head of the house being born 1834 and others with the head of the house 1851. I am fortunate...
by donnawright
15 Jul 2011, 04:44

The Making of a Stato di Famiglia

How exactly does the civil office in Italy make a stato di famiglia?
by donnawright
11 Jun 2011, 12:38
Topic: sending for documents.
Replies: 12
Views: 3342

Re: sending for documents.

Try anyway....I have been working on my fam history about 2 years and have received 3 from one comune and one from another.
by donnawright
18 May 2011, 07:10
Topic: Stillbirth Registration
Views: 1995

Stillbirth Registration

My Calabrian grandmother had twins, but I do not know if they lived awhile or were stillbirths, or what. I began to look for a source to tell me when Italy began registration of stillbirths. This is from the World Health Organization (copied/pasted) via Tendenze evolutive della mortalità infantile i...
by donnawright
12 May 2011, 14:36
Topic: Ancestors with Hyphenated Name: Capuozzo-Capozzi
Views: 2514

Re: Ancestors with Hyphenated Name: Capuozzo-Capozzi

I have a similar experience to share with you. I obtained my grandfather's birth record extract from his town of origin in Calabria and it showed TWO surnames -- not hyphenated, but a double surname. His father (my GGF) was born out of wedlock and 24 years later just prior to his marriage, his natur...
by donnawright
10 Apr 2011, 22:39
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Is Casto an Italian name?
Replies: 18
Views: 22599

Re: Is Casto an Italian name?

Where in WV? Maybe I can provide another Casto family, but in the Steubenville OH. Steubenville is in close proximity to PA, WV, and OH in a sort of triangle. I worked with two sisters with the Casto name. I am not in touch with them personally right now, but I can make the connection for you.
by donnawright
12 Mar 2011, 05:37
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family Software version 2010
Replies: 3
Views: 3107

Re: Family Software version 2010

Thanks for reading my frustration. I did not get a reply from FTM, so I called. I was informed that versions 2009 and 2010 do not have the automatic ID number assigned to each new person and that I should buy 2011 because they put it back in because lots of people want it. How more frustrating it mu...