by dalhousie
06 Nov 2009, 12:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Pietro Carswell (Casoli or Casuli) and Francesco Gennaro
Replies: 22
Views: 14732

Re: Pietro Carswell (Casoli or Casuli) and Francesco Gennaro

Hi Peter
I'm sorry if that sounded ungrateful, it wasn't meant to....any help I can get is much appreciated
Thanks Again
by dalhousie
05 Nov 2009, 16:26

Ok I'll give it a go...... although Braintree is in Essex which is England not Scotland. Ha Ha.... I know we're not as big over here as you guys in the States but believe me there is a big difference !!! It's like saying New York is in California :D
by dalhousie
05 Nov 2009, 15:16

Thanks Peter, I'll try them although I think I am looking more for ship's crew than passenger. My GG seems to have disappeared for long periods over some time and the option I am looking at, at the moment, is that he might have been a seaman
by dalhousie
05 Nov 2009, 11:44

Pietro Carswell (Casoli or Casuli) and Francesco Gennaro

My GGrandfather was Peter Carswell (his known name in Scotland) also know as Caswell, Casuli, (Casoli - name when he died). In the registered birth of one of his sons Frances Ca(r)swell in 1893,I noticed that Francesco Gennaro was godfather. So when I did a search for the 1891 census that's when a G...
by dalhousie
25 Mar 2009, 23:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name Query
Replies: 32
Views: 32166

Re: Name Query

Good Evening
Can anyone tell if Suzyblu is still contactable? I did send her a PM but no reply, I know it's a long time ago. I wanted to tell her that I found Peter Carswell he was also my GGrandfather !
Thanks
by dalhousie
24 Mar 2009, 23:11
Topic: Pietro Casoli (Carswell)
Replies: 4
Views: 5087

Re: Pietro Casoli (Carswell)

Thanks for the info The shipping records might be a help. But the other suggestions I've tried before without success. There is a Peter Carswell in the 1881 Census who was lodging in Lanark but I don't think it's him. The family seem to think that his wife (partner) changed their name for some reaso...
by dalhousie
23 Mar 2009, 23:19
Topic: Pietro Casoli (Carswell)
Replies: 4
Views: 5087

Pietro Casoli (Carswell)

Good Evening I am looking for my Great Grandfather Pietro Casoli. He was on the 1891 Census in Larnark, Scotland as Peter Carswell living with Elizabeth (nee McNamara) with children but they never married. She then comes up on the 1901 Census in Dundee without him. Through family information I found...