Search found 12 matches
- 18 Mar 2017, 22:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8870
Re: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
Should have posted sooner! Got caught up in other things . . . Anyway, many thanks for all the help
Still working on the family (I have gaps!)
- 05 May 2011, 04:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Brazil Immigration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8847
Re: Brazil Immigration
I'm also looking for relatives who traveled from Southern Italy to Brazil between 1893 and 1898, and then moved on to the US a few years later. One of their sons was born in Brazil.brru25 wrote:I was actually able to find that passenger list
Could you tell me where you found passenger lists, please? Thanks!
- 15 Jan 2011, 20:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8870
Re: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
Sylvia, I sent you a private message . . . did you see it??
- 24 Apr 2009, 23:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vital records
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5874
Re: Vital records
I'm not presuming he was not born in Palermo city, just saying he might have been born elsewhere in Palermo. I haven't found any marriage record for his parents in Palermo city records--though I know that doesn't mean he wasn't born there.
However, I haven't as yet been able to find birth records ...
However, I haven't as yet been able to find birth records ...
- 24 Apr 2009, 22:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vital records
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5874
Re: Vital records
Good question! I have not yet been able to find the correct ship's manifest. The info I have comes from US census records, and from Joseph DiSiena's WWI draft record where he gives his place of birth as Palermo, Palermo, Sicily
- 24 Apr 2009, 21:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8870
Re: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
I think Settimo's parents may have been Rosario Siragusa and Giovanna Schimmenti
- 24 Apr 2009, 21:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vital records
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5874
Re: Vital records
Thank you! That is a useful site.
I'm looking for a family of Di Siena who came to US in 1898 from Palermo--of course, it might not have been the city :-(
John (Giovanni) Di Siena b 1860 probably m. 1883
Francesca (wife) b. 1863
Rosalia b. 1890
Joseph (Giuseppe) b. 1892
Josephine (Giuseppa or ...
I'm looking for a family of Di Siena who came to US in 1898 from Palermo--of course, it might not have been the city :-(
John (Giovanni) Di Siena b 1860 probably m. 1883
Francesca (wife) b. 1863
Rosalia b. 1890
Joseph (Giuseppe) b. 1892
Josephine (Giuseppa or ...
- 23 Apr 2009, 19:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vital records
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5874
Vital records
Don't know if this is the right forum for this question??
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of what Italian vital records are available online?
I have a membership with www.ancestry.com so I have access to whatever they have.
I know about this site (obviously :wink: ) and www.Italiangen ...
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of what Italian vital records are available online?
I have a membership with www.ancestry.com so I have access to whatever they have.
I know about this site (obviously :wink: ) and www.Italiangen ...
- 22 Apr 2009, 14:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8870
Re: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
Thank you! I'll try there.
- 22 Apr 2009, 14:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8870
Re: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
That's true--in fact I used to live in Utah where using the big FHL was easy! Now I'm in Virginia it's not so easy . . .
I may come to that, but I was wondering if it was possible to get the information any other way, preferably online, before I resort to the FHL.
Thanks for the suggestion and the ...
I may come to that, but I was wondering if it was possible to get the information any other way, preferably online, before I resort to the FHL.
Thanks for the suggestion and the ...
- 22 Apr 2009, 10:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Siragusa, DiSiena emigration to USA
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1850
Siragusa, DiSiena emigration to USA
I'm looking for information on people who emigrated to the US from Palermo, specifically the following:
Settimo Siragusa b 24 Nov 1877 Misilmeri nr. Palermo Italy imm 1898
Rosalie di Siena b 1889 and/or her family
Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Settimo Siragusa b 24 Nov 1877 Misilmeri nr. Palermo Italy imm 1898
Rosalie di Siena b 1889 and/or her family
Any help would be gratefully accepted.
- 22 Apr 2009, 01:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siragusa family from Misilmeri
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8870
Siragusa family from Misilmeri
Looking for info on Settimo Siragusa, b. 1877 in Misilmeri, Palermo, Italy. Came to US in 1897. I believe he had a sister and six brothers.
Any suggestions? Thanks
Any suggestions? Thanks