Valarie, this looks like exactly what I needed.
Thanx,
Chris
Search found 7 matches
- 04 Nov 2009, 17:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino....
- Replies: 22
- Views: 17752
- 04 Nov 2009, 16:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino....
- Replies: 22
- Views: 17752
Re: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino
Gabreile, thank you for the reply. I am reivewing the LDS microtext which shows the information that I want. At this point I am not looking for the actual certificates. What I would like to be able to do is print an english language copy of the information that I find. I don't speak Italian and have ...
- 04 Nov 2009, 01:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino....
- Replies: 22
- Views: 17752
Re: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino
Gabriele, can you tell me where I can find English translations of birth, marriage and death forms from Avellino? I have looked up the information I need on my ancestors, but I would like to be able to have translated forms with their information filled in for my files.
Thank you for any help that ...
Thank you for any help that ...
- 25 Apr 2009, 15:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Immigrants in Boston
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9906
Re: Italian Immigrants in Boston
Thanks for all these ides, but I have pursued these leads already. I havn't found an evidence that Giuseppe came to the US at the age of 11 with or without his parents. There doesnt' seem to be any mention of him in the 1900 census for any location in or near Boston. I have ruled out New York as his ...
- 25 Apr 2009, 12:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Immigrants in Boston
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9906
Re: Italian Immigrants in Boston
Those are the records. I have also found Rosina in the 1930 census, a widow, and the children many of whom are working in shoe shops. The marriage record is online on NEHGS website, this is where I found the name changes for my grandfather. Giuseppe Rosano appears to have been a common enough name ...
- 24 Apr 2009, 23:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Immigrants in Boston
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9906
Re: Italian Immigrants in Boston
Unfortunately this is the wrong Giuseppe, my grandfather registered in South Braintree and I have that record - I just forgot to mention it. What I'd really like to locate are older records, perhaps the immigration information. I am guessing that he came from the Avellino area, since most of the ...
- 24 Apr 2009, 17:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Immigrants in Boston
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9906
Italian Immigrants in Boston
My ancestors have made it fairly difficult to follow them back to their homeland.
My grandfather, Giuseppe Rosano, came to Boston between 1895 and 1907. My grandmother, Carosina Giordano, arrived in September 1905 aboard the Romanic with a younger brother and sister who were all going to their ...
My grandfather, Giuseppe Rosano, came to Boston between 1895 and 1907. My grandmother, Carosina Giordano, arrived in September 1905 aboard the Romanic with a younger brother and sister who were all going to their ...