Search found 10 matches

by MyNameHere
14 Feb 2011, 23:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Marriage Certificate not Available??
Replies: 1
Views: 723

Marriage Certificate not Available??

My great-grandparents and grandparents were married in Erie, PA. I e-mailed requesting a search to get a copy of their marriage certificates, and I was told that they were unable to give these records. The reason is that they give the marriage certificate to the married couple for safe keeping. I wa...
by MyNameHere
06 Aug 2009, 22:57
Topic: Spelling Differences
Replies: 1
Views: 2550

Spelling Differences

So, my family is trying to apply for our italian citizenship, but we have a couple of hiccups. We weren't sure if it would be easier to apply through my dad's paternal or maternal grandparents, so we requested birth certificates for both of my great-grandfathers. However, when we got them, we notice...
by MyNameHere
05 Jun 2009, 23:57
Topic: Italy B. Certificates, Naturalization, & names OH MY
Replies: 5
Views: 4650

Re: Italy B. Certificates, Naturalization, & names OH MY

OH! Okay that makes sense! Thanks!

There's another question I just thought of... Do you know what my mom would have to do? She's just married to an Italian, so does she have to wait until my dad is official?

Thanks mler... you're a great help. :)
by MyNameHere
05 Jun 2009, 16:01

Re: Italy B. Certificates, Naturalization, & names OH MY

Thanks mler! I finally got through today! And they told me I needed to send my driver's liscence and a self addressed stamped envelope in order to get any information about dual citizenship.. does anyone know what that is for? It seemed like a strange request considering I only had a few quick quest...
by MyNameHere
05 Jun 2009, 02:41

Italy B. Certificates, Naturalization, & names OH MY

Hey! My family is looking at getting dual citizenship! (From what I can tell, we qualify! WOO! And thanks to the people on this forum that helped me find my families census records and ship manifests!) Well, we're in indianapolis which means we get to go through the detroit consulate! (Which is a go...
by MyNameHere
29 May 2009, 21:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for anything...
Replies: 9
Views: 6437

Re: Looking for anything...

Is there some secret to finding all these documents that I didn't know? I can's thank you all enough! It's crazy to see all this stuff. The main reason I started looking into my family history is because my family and I are considering going for our Italian citizenship. And it looks like we can appl...
by MyNameHere
28 May 2009, 01:44

That is Flavia's record! Both my GGP were arranged marriages, and it says she was coming over to get married to Lidano! Thank you so much!

I'm going to keep looking for Lucrezia. And if anyone else finds it - please post it!

Thank you so much you guys!
by MyNameHere
28 May 2009, 01:14

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! It's funny that "Carjoli" was a misspelling because my dad's side of the family pronounces it that way. haha Thank's so much! My dad actually just told me the maiden names of my great-grandmothers.. and it would be amazing if you could find a ship manifes...
by MyNameHere
27 May 2009, 19:39

I was able to find some stuff on ancestry.com free trial... but my college budget couldn't afford it at the end of my 14 days. I was able to find the Corsi's in the US census record in the 1930s through my grandma Olympia. She was one of the kids listed. But the census record made it look like some ...
by MyNameHere
27 May 2009, 19:28

Looking for anything...

I'm trying to find any sort of information (but especially naturalization information) on Giuseppe Cargioli. He was my GGF. I'm trying to find any information I can... He was married to Luchrezia Cargioli... I'm also trying to find information on Ladano(sp???) Corsi and Flavia Corsi. Both these coup...