Search found 77 matches

by willperone
14 Jan 2014, 11:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Laurenzana 1750 census?
Replies: 1
Views: 1225

Laurenzana 1750 census?

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding if the mid 1700s census for Laurenzana in Basilicata exists? Many of the smaller surrounding towns have it ( http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/catasti/catasti_basilicata.htm ) and I have viewed some of them in the Archivio di Napoli but at the ...
by willperone
17 Sep 2013, 06:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Question about passport form
Replies: 2
Views: 1719

Question about passport form

I recently obtained my Italian dual citizenship (yay!) and have my appointment to get an Italian passport in San Francisco next week. There is one question on the form I don't understand though:

Residente in: Italia or Other Country?
City of Residence in Italy
City of AIRE registration in Italy

My ...
by willperone
17 Oct 2012, 17:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: di anni 'corrante'?
Replies: 3
Views: 2271

Re: di anni 'corrante'?

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks!
by willperone
17 Oct 2012, 07:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: di anni 'corrante'?
Replies: 3
Views: 2271

di anni 'corrante'?

What does corrante mean in a death record when it says something like
di (some month) anno corrante alle ore ...

Thank you,
- Will
by willperone
14 Oct 2012, 00:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need to check my translation on this death record
Replies: 4
Views: 2011

Re: Need to check my translation on this death record

Thanks so much, this would make sense. My Volini family (Antonia's husband) has been in Castelmezzano for a long time, and Albano di Lucania is not far from there. Fascinating!
by willperone
13 Oct 2012, 23:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need to check my translation on this death record
Replies: 4
Views: 2011

Need to check my translation on this death record

Hello all, I found this 1850 death record and there are a couple words I need a double check on:
Is her mother's name Porfia Ciarletta? Thought that was a bit odd of a name, though she was born in 1764 so her mother's name would have been something from the early 1700s.
It says 'nata in abbano di ...
by willperone
24 Nov 2011, 19:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 'The book of deceased adults' predates civil records?
Replies: 3
Views: 1976

Re: 'The book of deceased adults' predates civil records?

Correction, the town listed is Avellino not Pietradefusi (the family moved there later on).
by willperone
21 Nov 2011, 22:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 'The book of deceased adults' predates civil records?
Replies: 3
Views: 1976

Re: 'The book of deceased adults' predates civil records?

I checked with a genealogist that lives in the area and he claims it is one of the church record books.
by willperone
21 Nov 2011, 00:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 'The book of deceased adults' predates civil records?
Replies: 3
Views: 1976

'The book of deceased adults' predates civil records?

I found the document from Pietradefusi with the marriage records from one of my ancestors in 1845. It references something called 'il libro dei morti adulti che incomincia
dal 1801 a termina nel 1816 al fol. 7'. It appears to be some book recording deceased people that predates the civil records ...
by willperone
06 Nov 2011, 20:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help on a couple occupations
Replies: 2
Views: 1693

Re: Need help on a couple occupations

Thank you very much for verifying!
by willperone
06 Nov 2011, 20:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help on a couple occupations
Replies: 2
Views: 1693

Need help on a couple occupations

This is from a death record of one of my ancestors in 1810. I'm trying to read her and her parents' professions but they don't make sense to me :(

I think her profession reads as faticatrica?
And her mother's profession is faticatori? It looks like maybe it's both of her parents' professions?

Were ...
by willperone
10 Oct 2011, 03:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Angelo Ottaviano migrated to USA 1892 from San Mango, Italy
Replies: 8
Views: 4442

Re: Angelo Ottaviano migrated to USA 1892 from San Mango, It

One of my grandmother's grandmother's grandmothers was Isabella Ottaviano who was born in San Mango sul Calore (used to be called Santo Mango) around 1800. I have other Ottaviano relatives but I'm not sure where they are from and yet more relatives from the town of Ottaviano LOL. The town used to be ...
by willperone
10 Oct 2011, 03:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone heard of the Uua surname?
Replies: 7
Views: 3158

Anyone heard of the Uua surname?

For my grandmother's 80th birthday I am tracing her name back. I discovered she was named after her grandmother Angela Borea who was named after her grandmother Angela. I am having trouble figuring out Angela's last name though, on the records it looks like 'Uua' though on the world family name ...
by willperone
15 Sep 2011, 20:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with crazy long paragraph of text!
Replies: 4
Views: 1980

Re: Help with crazy long paragraph of text!

Yes that was my natural next step, they do have the processetti for this date and I'll be ordering it shortly. Probably better to just look at that and get the actual records than to decipher this!