Search found 7 matches

by 4!itbermel
20 Jun 2010, 02:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Samuele Leoni WWI Italian Army
Replies: 22
Views: 11859

Re: Samuele Leoni WWI Italian Army

Our family was told this is a photograph of LEONI SAMUELE the eldest Leoni son/child born Meldola 1 feb 1896 and died 23 jun 1918 in the World War I Battle of Fagare' in Casale sul Sile, Treviso, Veneto, Italy. But it is LEONI SILVERIO son of Raffaele whose name is listed in the war dead on the webs...
by 4!itbermel
08 May 2010, 20:27

Wow, Riccardo, you are so efficient. Is there a letter template I can use to write to civil record office and Archivio di Stato. Does Italy have census records and can we access them? Grazie
by 4!itbermel
08 May 2010, 18:53

Yes, you're right, it's Anselmo. I got the name Antelano from Ellis Island records. It's possible there never was a Samuele or maybe his name is Silverio Samuele Leoni. Somewhere I read it is uncommon for Italians to have a middle name. Yet, on the Diocesi di Cesena, Parrocchia di S. Maria Nuova di ...
by 4!itbermel
08 May 2010, 16:45

That makes sense. I am the first born named after my Irish maternal GM Margaret Keeshan and my middle name is from my Italian paternal G-Grandmother Virginia Tabarri. So you were born and raised in Harrison - what a small world! Family and friends from Meldola settled in the Silver Lake Park area. O...
by 4!itbermel
08 May 2010, 12:59

Laura, Carmine, Riccardo, Many thanks to each of you for your expertise and interest. I'm just amazed at the gift of information you gave me. And it poses more questions, too. The family lore is Raffaele and son Samuel came to the US to find property and work in Litchfield, Connecticut then return f...
by 4!itbermel
07 May 2010, 10:49

Samuele Leoni WWI Italian Army

Samuele Leoni born about 1898 served and died in the Italian Army in World War I. He was the eldest son/child of my GGP Raffaele Leoni and Maria Grilli Leoni of Meldola, Forli. His death devastated the family especially my grandmother Norina Leoni who then became the eldest child (she married my gra...
by 4!itbermel
07 May 2010, 09:42
Topic: Ranieri-Ruffilli Forlimpopoli & Tabarri-Maroncelli Berti
Replies: 0
Views: 2098

Ranieri-Ruffilli Forlimpopoli & Tabarri-Maroncelli Berti

Will appreciate any assistance on how to obtain Situazione di Famiglia, birth, baptismal, death and marriage records for family who were born, lived, and died in Forlimpopoli, Bertinoro and Meldola. My first choice is to obtain a Situazione di Famiglia for my GG-GP Ranieri Pietro and Ruffilli Domeni...