Search found 85 matches

by amerital43
04 Mar 2022, 05:30
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Capua Church, Prov. of Caserta
Replies: 4
Views: 1056

Re: Capua Church, Prov. of Caserta

Oh, thank you.I didn't know on the record books about the difference of Part 1 to Part 2. I will let the family searcher know.
by amerital43
22 Feb 2022, 03:06
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Capua Church, Prov. of Caserta
Views: 1056

Capua Church, Prov. of Caserta

Amici: I have someone I'm trying to help find some information in Capua. They have a ancestor who according to the Death Record, died AT the church on St. Angelo di Formis in Capua. This happened at 2:30 a.m. on 1920--Jan. 12th. The man was Michele Duonnolo fu Domenico e fu Mariantonia Violante, a 5...
by amerital43
03 Feb 2022, 02:56
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Fried Dough Translation
Replies: 25
Views: 27241

Re: Fried Dough Translation

That's okay...this is terrific. What's odd to me is that this is the only instance of this term "Crostelle" I can find on the entire net. 99.9% of the time fried dough is referred to as Zeppoli. I'm wondering where Crostelle came from. My family is from Cosenza but I have never really hea...
by amerital43
03 Feb 2022, 02:36
Topic: Composition of Italian Wedding Parties
Replies: 8
Views: 2229

Re: Composition of Italian Wedding Parties

All four of my grandparents came from Italy, met and married in the Bronx, NYC, NY. What is striking about their wedding party photos in 1920 and 1924 is that almost all of the wedding party is female. The same was true with the 1924 wedding of my grandfather's cousin. While there were many flower ...
by amerital43
03 Feb 2022, 02:20
Topic: Moor or Less
Replies: 17
Views: 2759

Re: Moor or Less

These photographs might be of interest to you: https://www.mariobadagliacca.com/moors_of_sicily_2018-r10994 In the neighborhood I grew up in, girls that looked like the girl at the opening of the article, was commonplace. Whether she had 'Moorish' blood or not, we would've just thought of her as ha...
by amerital43
03 Feb 2022, 02:12
Topic: Moor or Less
Replies: 17
Views: 2759

Re: Moor or Less

I searched for images of people from North Africa and was surprised they looked so European. Perhaps the "look" is from other parts of Africa. Does anyone have any photos of Sicilian relatives with known North African ancestry which they are willing to post? Northern African is basically ...
by amerital43
02 Feb 2022, 07:16
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with a name
Views: 1961

Re: Help with a name

It would be great to see more of the document page to see other letter formations.
by amerital43
02 Feb 2022, 01:43
Topic: Help with a name
Views: 1961

Re: Help with a name

Looks like Richie Konig ^ Catherine Sameul, although the u seems to have been left out.
by amerital43
02 Feb 2022, 01:31
Topic: Organising Your Family History
Replies: 3
Views: 2135

Re: Organising Your Family History

Chiddicks: Well I really admire how you organized your research. But that's because I NEED to be organized at all times. I have used Family Search forms for family information, that I've done by hand, but I liked your form for Annie Day. I have also used the clear sheets and slipped copies of docs i...
by amerital43
02 Feb 2022, 00:43
Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
Replies: 16
Views: 7281

Re: Looking for Eastern European village

Looks like Max Huzij lived at the edge of The Pale. The area where Poland, Germany and Russia/Prussia would often change the geo-political borders.
by amerital43
02 Feb 2022, 00:15
Topic: Eating Spaghetti in Naples
Replies: 7
Views: 7938

Re: Eating Spaghetti in Naples

Those photos are something. Never saw that eating style or ever heard of it. I guess there was NOTHING on those spaghettis, not even some olive oil.
by amerital43
01 Feb 2022, 23:57
Topic: Native American genealogy
Replies: 6
Views: 4796

Re: Native American genealogy

Lol. Maybe. But since he gave his company an Indian name and embraced Indian culture, I doubt it. I don't get my father for pulling towards a heritage that's not his own. It's kind of creepy in my opinion. He descended from European royals and warriors. He should have "gotten to know" the...
by amerital43
28 Jan 2022, 01:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Am I eligible? GF wasn't a citizen but dad was in WW2
Views: 1233

Re: Am I eligible? GF wasn't a citizen but dad was in WW2

Your father was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth. Unfortunately, if he naturalized as a minor, he was not an Italian citizen at the time of YOUR birth, and that’s what counts. No you're wrong. Because at this time are many people applying for dual citizenship and their parent is an Ameri...
by amerital43
25 Jan 2022, 05:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Am I eligible? GF wasn't a citizen but dad was in WW2
Views: 1233

Re: Am I eligible? GF wasn't a citizen but dad was in WW2

My father was born before 1912 and his parents were still Italian citizens at the time. He also served in WWII. By that time my GF had become a citizen, and my father by 'minor child' default, also. But at the time of his birth he was not, nor for a few years afterward. I believe I have an acceptabl...