Search found 26 matches

by frattlaw
21 Jun 2015, 18:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore
Replies: 8
Views: 1735

Re: Coppola family in Nocera Inferiore

You may also want to search in Lettere, Italy. Nocera Inferiore is not that far from Lettere. The Coppolas are an old family from Lettere.
by frattlaw
22 May 2015, 19:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Ordering Records from Archivio di Stato di Napoli
Replies: 6
Views: 1675

Re: Help with Ordering Records from Archivio di Stato di Napoli

I have no doubts that a professional researcher, such as yourself, could assist. And I might go that route. However I have had a tremendous amount of success without such assistance. Also, the power of a monetary donation to the church, archive or cultural organization is also quite motivating for t...
by frattlaw
21 May 2015, 15:54

Re: Help with Ordering Records from Archivio di Stato di Napoli

Here is what is returned as information when a search is performed... "struttura gerarchica Archivio di Stato di Napoli Archivi Notarili 1404 - 1769 Archivi dei notai del XVII secolo serie Anagrafe livello di descrizione liv.3 titolo e estremi cronologici Archivio del notaio Fattorosi Paolo , 1...
by frattlaw
21 May 2015, 07:09
Topic: Tracing Heritage Thru First Names ?
Replies: 0
Views: 2480

Tracing Heritage Thru First Names ?

So after 10 years of research I have been able to trace my heritage and surname back to 1139 through examination of land grants and church charters. But thats where the trail goes cold. Prior to 1100 the use of surnames was not as prevalent as in the 13th century and later. Based on the dates of the...
by frattlaw
21 May 2015, 06:55

Help with Ordering Records from Archivio di Stato di Napoli

So I found several records (13) in this particular archive during my online search. However, I (and my Italian translator) are having a difficult time translating what information is actually required to order the records... Here is a link to their order form...(of course its in Italian) http://www....
by frattlaw
30 Oct 2013, 15:42
Topic: Tuzzio/Mercecola
Views: 2970

Re: Tuzzio/Mercecola

If you would like and information on the Fattorosi line please contact me.

All of the Fattorosi are from Lettere and I have been able to track the lineage back to the year 1206.

We have a very interesting history if you are interested in your maternal line.

Michael
by frattlaw
31 Oct 2009, 00:15
Topic: Help with 1900 Census...
Replies: 7
Views: 4981

Re: Help with 1900 Census...

Well that is very nice of you, but can I contact you via email ?

As for my GGM her maiden name was Accardi and she was from Napoli.
by frattlaw
30 Oct 2009, 14:32

Again, thank you !!! I looked at your website...

Do you offer services in Campania Italy ?

My GGF was from Angri and my GGM was from Napoli.

I was thinking about going myself in the spring but that could be more costly.
by frattlaw
30 Oct 2009, 13:16

All I can say is thank you !!! Wow I would have never have found that !! I never knew they moved to NJ first and then back to NY and then back to NJ. I also never knew that they had a son Lloyd or a daughter Concella. (Unless Concella is short for Immocolata) Now there is hope I can find my GF's bir...
by frattlaw
30 Oct 2009, 06:08

Help with 1900 Census...

I have found the 1910, 1920 and 1930 Census for my family. I have not been able to find the 1900 census though. According to the passenger list my family arrived on Dec 23, 1896 and by 1903 they were living at 243 Tillary St. in Brooklyn. I assume they moved to NYC after arriving - though I am not s...
by frattlaw
03 Oct 2009, 18:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Got an email from NARA..... help ?
Replies: 1
Views: 3504

Got an email from NARA..... help ?

Is this their "no records" response or do I have to contact NY NARA directly ? I do not know if my GGF was ever naturalized. I dont think so, so I do not have the court or exact record. Thanks for the help.... Michael Dear Researcher, We were unable to locate the records that you requested...
by frattlaw
02 Oct 2009, 04:05
Topic: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino....
Replies: 22
Views: 15728

Re: documents research in Campania(Naples, Salerno, Avellino

Hello Gabriele

Would you also be willing to cover Gragnano and Lettere ? If so what would be your fees ?

I will need birth and marriage records for my great grandfather and great grandmother from that area. I am still unsure of which commune or parish though.

Grazie
Michael
by frattlaw
28 Sep 2009, 18:52
Topic: Suggestions when writing to a Parish Register
Replies: 9
Views: 8619

Re: Suggestions when writing to a Parish Register

Not to jump in to his thread but I have the same questions except I dont know which church to be contacting... My GGF listed Gragnano as his last residence on his Passenger List. I also know that a large part of the family is from Lettere, just up the hill from Gragnano. I did a search for Gragnano ...
by frattlaw
28 Sep 2009, 18:22
Topic: UCIS Records Prior to 1906
Replies: 4
Views: 4143

Re: UCIS Records Prior to 1906

Okay so I'm home sick today so I figured I would start the process... I placed my "order/request" with UCIS for an index search. I anticipate that will take 3-6 months to get the "no docs" reply back. I just called the New York Supreme Court 2nd Judicial District's Records Depart...
by frattlaw
28 Sep 2009, 16:00
Topic: UCIS Records Prior to 1906
Replies: 4
Views: 4143

UCIS Records Prior to 1906

Where can I find naturalization records from before September 27, 1906? Naturalization activity prior to September 27, 1906, was under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts. Naturalization records may be found in Federal, State, or local court records. Practice and procedure varied greatly over ...