Search found 8 matches

by smaroda
05 Aug 2010, 02:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can any one help in Calvanico
Replies: 0
Views: 1619

Can any one help in Calvanico

I'm looking for records of my great grandparents birth and marriage in Calvanico, Salerno province. I have tried writing and emailing with recommended form letters with no response. I tried calling, and even appealing to the local consulate to see if they might have any influence in things. At this ...
by smaroda
10 Oct 2009, 19:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tracing back anzalone Geneology
Replies: 24
Views: 24988

Re: Tracing back anzalone Geneology

Everyone thank you so much for the help with all of this. Especially VJ and Laura. I had looked for the 1910 census with family members for years and been unable to locate it. This pretty much sums up the whole family coming to america. I believe my next step is to find the marriage and birth record...
by smaroda
09 Oct 2009, 18:54

I see. The manifest you found Peter was unfortunately the wrong one. Bart, Dominica, and Dominik all came over on the same boat from what I understand. The record date has veried between 1904-1906. I have copies coming from the Mormons in AZ and copies of the naturalization records being dug up by h...
by smaroda
09 Oct 2009, 18:38

Michael,

I do not understand your reference. Did you find a reference?
by smaroda
08 Oct 2009, 20:22

Vj thanks for the help. Everything you pulled was accurate. I submitted the information to the us government to get an index search done to see if I can get his file pulled. I'm hoping the naturalization papers will have the town of birth or providence. If you can think of any other way to trace it ...
by smaroda
07 Oct 2009, 23:25

the 1920 census looks right. Here are the siblings of alphonse. I think you are on the right track VJ, I'm trying to locate either the naturalization papers or the ship so I can trace back the port or town to make a request for records. i fear I may have to request hard copies due to the age. Anzalo...
by smaroda
07 Oct 2009, 22:22

I belive they were in racine, wi in 1930. I found the 1930 census for him and the rest of the family there. They were in pa around 1910 though.
by smaroda
07 Oct 2009, 21:37

Tracing back anzalone Geneology

looking for any help relating to Anzalone's in Italy. About 1905 Dominik and Dominica Anzalone came to America through Ellis Island. They brought their oldest son Alphose Anzalone. I'm trying to find their birth and marriage certificates but have no clue as to what town they came from. Supposedly th...