Search found 8 matches
- 11 Dec 2009, 23:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
I have some microfilm from Valledolmo that I will be going through in the next few weeks and I will definately keep my eyes peeled for any Carmelo Pulvinos!
- 11 Dec 2009, 16:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
I don't think we're talking about the same Carmelo Pulvino. My Carmelo was born around 1848 and he married a woman named Antonina Palermo b. around 1848. However, maybe your Carmelo is an older ancester of mine? Where's your Carmelo from?
- 11 Oct 2009, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
Thanks to one of the posts on here I got a lead to finding out that my mother-in-law's Grandpa, Pasquale Pulvino, came across through ellis island under the name of Pasguale Pulveno. That spelling has opened a bunch of new doors for me in my research. I've also found out through the newspaper link ...
- 11 Oct 2009, 04:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
I just talked to my mother-in-law and she said that her dad, Micheal Pulvino was born in Buffalo, but the family (parents: Pasquale and Maria) moved to Monroe, Rochester, NY where they had a grocery store.
- 11 Oct 2009, 04:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
The family of Pasquale & Maria did immigrate to Buffalo and those records are correct that are posted above. My ultimate questions are:
1. what's Maria's real last name, which very well could be Folco as was found by misbris.
2. On the record could the birth year of Antonina (daughter of Maria ...
1. what's Maria's real last name, which very well could be Folco as was found by misbris.
2. On the record could the birth year of Antonina (daughter of Maria ...
- 10 Oct 2009, 03:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
I've questioned every family member who's still alive, but information is so sketchy. In one marriage document of Maria Forcia's son, Mike Pulvino, it says that Maria's name is Mary Fourkes. I have at least 7 variations on what her name was. I'm pretty sure that Forcia is not her last name ...
- 09 Oct 2009, 21:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Re: Pulvino family
Oh and I've checked Ellis island for information, but I have also heard through family members that they came in through canada. 
- 09 Oct 2009, 21:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pulvino family
- Replies: 20
- Views: 15916
Pulvino family
I'm looking for a great grandfather named Carmelo Pulvino and his wife Antonina Palermo, both born in about 1848. Our records show that they are from Caltanissetta, but I've also heard that they're from Palermo. I don't know for sure. They had many children including Joe, Nina, Pasquale (born on ...