Search found 4 matches

by Apache
29 Oct 2009, 16:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Name endings?
Replies: 14
Views: 13636

Re: Italian Name endings?

Does anyone know just how many different area's there are in Palermo or do I just contact one office that has all the baptism and marriage records from 1800 back?
Also are there like in England death records?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan.
by Apache
26 Oct 2009, 17:27

Thank you for the marriage index. It proves that my g/g/grandfather was not married in Palermo city. According to the marriage document I have he was married 1837 Die 3 Mai and it is nowhere to be seen in those indexes. It's a shame that on the document it doesn't say where the marriage took place. ...
by Apache
25 Oct 2009, 17:18

Wow, thank you Peter, I am feeling a little sick at the moment. I must have paid out thousands of $'s for all the documents I have had sent to me. At $20 each and at least 400 baptism and marriage documents, that's a lot of money. I am in the UK so now I can contact Sicily direct to try and get back...
by Apache
25 Oct 2009, 12:10

Hi, I'm new to this site and can't think why I haven't found it before. I have traced my Sicilian family back to the 1630's. There is much discussion in the family but it is widely thought that my surname originates in Spain. How my family became to be in Sicily is anyone’s guess. But we think the...