Search found 7 matches
- 12 Jul 2010, 14:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FORTUNE- Italian surname???
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4492
Re: FORTUNE- Italian surname???
Thank you for your help. I was starting to presume that her surname was Fortuna rather than Fortune. I have double checked the booklet and it definitely says Fortune but I don't think it was my gr grandfather that filled out that section but a member of the Northern Irish Police. It could have been ...
- 12 Jul 2010, 12:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FORTUNE- Italian surname???
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4492
FORTUNE- Italian surname???
Hello everyone,
My gr grandfather, Silvestro Valente came to Ireland from Villa Latina. I was really stuck on finding out any information on his family until recently when I found out his parents names in an identity booklet- Domenico Antonio Valente and NIMPIA FORTUNE. I am intrigued by his mother ...
My gr grandfather, Silvestro Valente came to Ireland from Villa Latina. I was really stuck on finding out any information on his family until recently when I found out his parents names in an identity booklet- Domenico Antonio Valente and NIMPIA FORTUNE. I am intrigued by his mother ...
- 08 Jan 2010, 12:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: VALENTE- marriage certificate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3390
Re: VALENTE- marriage certificate
Thank you for your help Ursula. I'll have a look at the link you provided and hopefully I'll be able to get a copy of their marriage certificate soon. Many thanks, Emma.
- 06 Jan 2010, 17:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: VALENTE- marriage certificate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3390
VALENTE- marriage certificate
I'm trying to find a marriage certificate for my great-parents, Silvestro and Jean Valente, neé Munro. The problem is I don't know when (the specific date, not just the year) or where they were married.
My great-grandfather emigrated to Scotland from Italy and lived in Glasgow for some time ...
My great-grandfather emigrated to Scotland from Italy and lived in Glasgow for some time ...
- 04 Jan 2010, 16:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: VALENTE - PACITTI
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8285
Re: VALENTE - PACITTI
Thanks Tina. At the moment I am trying to find the marriage certificate for Silvestro and Jean. It is unfortunate that very little information was passed onto my grandmother and mother about him so I'm going to have to do a bit of research to find out more. Thank you again, Emma..
- 03 Jan 2010, 19:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: VALENTE FAMILY - MONTE CASINO
- Replies: 39
- Views: 66658
Re: VALENTE FAMILY - MONTE CASINO
Hi Tina. I have already sent you a message on the Valente-Pacitti forum. My gr grandfather Silvestro Valente also owned an ice-cream shop, "Excelsior", in Dublin. I could not find Dominico Valente, but have found a Domonick Valente in the 1911 Ireland Census. I am trying to find out whether they are ...
- 03 Jan 2010, 18:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: VALENTE - PACITTI
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8285
Re: VALENTE - PACITTI
Hi TinaB,
I'm from Ireland and researching my ancestry. I discovered your message as I was searching for more information about my great-grandfather, Silvestro Valente. The source I used was the 1911 Irish Census. Indeed, he did marry a Scottish girl, Jean, my great-grandmother. Up until now, I did ...
I'm from Ireland and researching my ancestry. I discovered your message as I was searching for more information about my great-grandfather, Silvestro Valente. The source I used was the 1911 Irish Census. Indeed, he did marry a Scottish girl, Jean, my great-grandmother. Up until now, I did ...