vj wrote:Hi mj!misbris wrote:I found a few Letos who came to the US in 1909. What was your gm's first name? Her husband's name?
There may be a bit more on this post:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... tml#111869
Valarie
Search found 15 matches
- 19 Mar 2010, 14:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6839
Re: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- 19 Mar 2010, 14:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5505
Re: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
I, too am researching Lettieri. Do you have any names to work with? My grandmother went by the name of Leto, Lete,,, I felt Lettieri was the name I should be looking for. She came to Pa., then moved to W.Va and eventually Ohio. Would appreciate reply if you think your family could be related.... her ...
- 12 Mar 2010, 18:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5505
Re: Researching the "Lettieri" surname
DLettieri1 wrote:I am researching the "Lettieri" surname from the Basilicata region of Italy, particularly in the towns of Rapone, Ruvo del Monte and surrounding towns.
I would appreciate any help how to obtain local/regional documents.
Dan Lettieri
lettieri-4@sbcglobal.net
- 22 Feb 2010, 21:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6839
Re: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
My grandmother was Teresa,,, her mother was Angela. Leto or Lete. arrived around 1909 yes. She married Nick Palmieri in 1910 in Pittsburgh, Pa.misbris wrote:I found a few Letos who came to the US in 1909. What was your gm's first name? Her husband's name?
- 20 Feb 2010, 19:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8087
Re: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
yes, they also had 2 more who died in infancy
- 20 Feb 2010, 19:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8087
Re: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
main reason I am so excited is because my grandmother raised me and I never knew anything about her family. My grandfather passed away before I was born.... so very appreciated.
- 20 Feb 2010, 18:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8087
Re: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
haha.,keep it coming, this is great...this is my family... 
- 20 Feb 2010, 18:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6839
Re: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
Leto name... yes, that would be about the time my grandmother came. Her name was Teresa, Theresa or Terese (sp) She married here in Pa. around 1910 to a Nick Palmieri thank you. This means sooo much
- 20 Feb 2010, 18:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8087
Re: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
ohhhhh I am so excited...yes, this sounds right. I will have to post what little info I do have which isn't much. I managed to find their marriage license and my grandfathers' Declaration of Intention..other than that.I do not have anything..........thank u so much. please keep in touch ...thanks
- 20 Feb 2010, 01:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6839
Re: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
I am not sure how this forum works or where to reply. The only name I have is Ciro. I know she was born into the peasant way of life. She had a brother Francisco and a sister Elizabeth. I do not know of any other siblings.
- 20 Feb 2010, 01:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6839
Re: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
We need the town of origin since most records are located there and no where else save for some provincial records. =Peter=
Peter,,, I hope this reply gets back to you as I am not familiar quite yet with how this forum works. The only name of town I have is Ciro. I know that she was born into a ...
Peter,,, I hope this reply gets back to you as I am not familiar quite yet with how this forum works. The only name of town I have is Ciro. I know that she was born into a ...
- 19 Feb 2010, 22:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6839
surname Leto or Lete from Calabria region.
My grandmother, born around 1892. Her father was Leonardo, mother was Angela Peritin or may of gone by Philomena. Calabria region
- 19 Feb 2010, 22:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surname Palmieri from Ciro.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8087
surname Palmieri from Ciro.
My grandfather was Nicodemis or Nicodemas, his father was Anthony. From Ciro. My understanding his father was wealthy, owned some land. Born around 1883.
- 19 Feb 2010, 21:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pietradofusi Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6804
Re: Pietradofusi Italy
also looking for surname of Leto, Lete. Grandmother from Calabria region. Her father was Leonardo and mother was Angela Peritin or may of gone by Philomena. Names were so confusing but this may be a start
- 19 Feb 2010, 21:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pietradofusi Italy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6804
Re: Pietradofusi Italy
Surname Palmieri from Ciro,... trying to find info about grandfather. HIs father was Anthony...not much else do I know