Search found 13 matches

by rgmills25
11 Mar 2010, 22:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Name chagnes and unkown ships. Help please!!!
Replies: 42
Views: 18770

Re: Name chagnes and unkown ships. Help please!!!

Is there a difference in the names Antonio and Antonino with the extra n? Are they technically the same name with just different spellings like John and Jon.
by rgmills25
11 Mar 2010, 17:09

Can anybody help me with where to go from here or should I just call it good with knowing their names and when they immagrated? Looking for information about Erasmo Di Lorenzo and Antonio Di Lorenzo's father Benedetto Di Lorenzo, supposedly in the Italian army and possibly originally from Northern I...
by rgmills25
11 Mar 2010, 15:57

^^TY Biff This is his brother Tony Diloreuce First Name: Tony Last Name: Diloreuce Age at Time of Census: 43 Estimated Birth Year: 1887 Residence: Harrison, MS View On Map Other People in Household: Tony Diloreuce Josehine Diloreuce Rosa Diloreuce Jenny Diloreuce Katie Diloreuce Lena Diloreuce Josep...
by rgmills25
11 Mar 2010, 15:11

VaDeb wrote:What a great job everyone did. Now rg has the original Italian surname and the place of origin in Italy.

Debbie
Yes, thank you to everyone who has helped me. Y'all made it look so easy!!! :)
by rgmills25
11 Mar 2010, 15:07

Will someone please post the manifesto for Guiseppe Di Giglia, he came over on the s.s. Massilia arriving on Jan. 28, 1903. I can see it on the Ellis Island site, but don't have a way to post it here. So even though there are a few holes, I'm confident that these are the right people/names. Anybody ...
by rgmills25
10 Mar 2010, 21:30

All from familysearch site, link posted by Valarie above. Petrina's brother Charles Digiglio Death Certificate Biff Just got a message from Charlie Digiglio IV, the great grandson of Charles Digiglio, and he says he thinks his original name was either Carlito Vincenzo Digiglio or the other way arou...
by rgmills25
10 Mar 2010, 19:47

Thank you again. So help me out though. Does this mean they sailed into NY and then sailed from NY to NO? Did they register at Ellis Island? I'm not sure how all that works and I'm wondering why my grandma was told they got off in Ellis Island, went to Chicago and then took a bus to NO. Maybe some o...
by rgmills25
10 Mar 2010, 18:49

Link below is for an interesting death certificate for a Bonnie Rener, born 1895 in what I'm guessing is Corleone Sicily, retired grocer. Although this isn't Petrina's mother Maggie Rener Digiglio's father, it could be a relation. Checking Steve Morse site for emigrants from Corleone, I found the s...
by rgmills25
10 Mar 2010, 02:18

My grandma was born in 1924. Her mom, Mary, marrying in 1923 when she was 18. Her younger siblings Bennie and Rosie that were listed on the 1930 census list Louisiana as their state of birth, so I think the family remained there until at least 1915. Tomorrow I'll either talk to my grandma or my grea...
by rgmills25
10 Mar 2010, 01:18

Wow!!! Thank you everyone for all of your help so far. These are definitely the right death certificates. Boy it certainly helps to know what the right names are. :)
by rgmills25
09 Mar 2010, 22:50

Did Adam end up in Chicago by the 1940? Is the name Mary Bruotts familiar? I am looking at WWII draft cards. Debbie I have no idea where he went without asking my grandmother and I can't get a hold of her at the moment. But yes, that name is familiar. I don't know who she is, but when my grandmothe...
by rgmills25
09 Mar 2010, 22:27

TY Deb

It also looks like that census says that their year of immigration was 1903 and not 1904.
by rgmills25
09 Mar 2010, 22:09

Name chagnes and unkown ships. Help please!!!

I long ago gave up on finding out anything on my Italian ancestors but I've recently decided to pursue it again. I don't have much information and I'll try to make what information I have precise and easy to understand My ggGrandfathers American name was Adam Lawrence who settled in Dallas, TX. Acco...