Search found 4 matches

by TinaC216
17 Feb 2011, 18:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Villafrati commune in Palermo
Replies: 0
Views: 877

Villafrati commune in Palermo

Hi I have been interested in my family genealogy for about 2 years now. I am a 1st generation on my mothers side and maybe 2nd on my fathers side, I am 100% Italian. I got side tracked with my search because I found out I may qualify for dual citizenship and started the paperwork process on the stat...
by TinaC216
09 Feb 2011, 19:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Hi New to this Board Have a few questions
Replies: 4
Views: 1962

Re: Hi New to this Board Have a few questions

Why would I need to apply through my grandfather, if my Mother was an acknowledged Italian Citizen as evidence that she received a Naturalization Cert in 1980 and has birth records from Italy? I could do this but this would require several more pieces of paper work. Plus there are a gazzillion stori...
by TinaC216
09 Feb 2011, 16:53
Topic: Hi New to this Board Have a few questions
Replies: 4
Views: 1962

Hi New to this Board Have a few questions

Hello I was posting on another Board and they had me come here and read. I have been reading for two days...you guys know a lot !! I am going for citizenship through my mother. My mother's mom (grandmother) was born in the US in 1918 to Italian parents and returned to Italy at 6 months old (her moth...
by TinaC216
09 Mar 2010, 23:01
Topic: Name chagnes and unkown ships. Help please!!!
Replies: 42
Views: 18769

Re: Name chagnes and unkown ships. Help please!!!

RG... I am in the same boat...no pun intended... First as much as our elders are great help..their memories or the ones they were "told" to remember don't always equal. First thing I noticed was your gma name "Lena" This was Americanized...and it shows on the census Deb posted He...