Search found 303 matches

by kontessa
23 Oct 2012, 22:37
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Success in Newark!
Replies: 6
Views: 3320

Re: Success in Newark!

Congratulations! Were you recognized along with your mother?
by kontessa
19 Sep 2012, 07:51
Topic: Jure Sanguinis Application
Replies: 8
Views: 5520

Re: Jure Sanguinis Application

Just want to chime in to add a couple more things. First, the comune in Italy doesn't process your application, the consulate does. The comune must register your documents, but the consulate makes the final decision about your eligibility. Second, the only documents that will be registered in the co...
by kontessa
14 Sep 2012, 22:51
Topic: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina
Replies: 46
Views: 17706

Re: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina

Here's a link containing a post from someone else who also obtained a delayed birth record - am reposting the script below the link. http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/impossible-to-find-birth-certificate-t3524.html Hi Pablo, it's not true that you need "the original" birth certifica...
by kontessa
13 Sep 2012, 22:51

Agree with droe...SalSno=jennabet has been banned from that site so you might find a less hostile environment.
by kontessa
13 Sep 2012, 22:36

Granadaiscool...why not post some of your questions on italiancitizenship.freeforums.org. There are a number of people who frequent there that may provide some assistance. You won't be bothered by tangential excursions either. :lol:

Also, if you read Italian, have you checked out tuttostranieri.it?
by kontessa
13 Sep 2012, 18:03

Next, there may be a legal mechanism in New York State to create a birth certificate for a deceased person but Kontessa must provide this forum with the name of the Comune in Italy that accepted such a document so that I, for one, can either call that Comune myself or have an Italian lawyer friend ...
by kontessa
13 Sep 2012, 17:36

kontessa wrote: .....Yes, I do believe that Italians abroad were required to register the births of their children, but I don't know the particulars, like when the consulates started doing this. Were your relatives already registered at the consulate (in AIRE)? If yes, I believe that the comune in ...
by kontessa
11 Sep 2012, 23:19

If this also the case for the Italian state... A little confused by this statement. I don't know anything about the creation of a delayed birth record IN ITALY, only that one was accepted as part of my application. Is this what you meant? Anybody knows if Italians abroad were required to register t...
by kontessa
11 Sep 2012, 19:38

Thanks, what was your relation to the person of the delated death certificate? In my case it's my GF(or my mom's father) In my case it was my GF - my mother's father. How did you get the delayed certificate? Actually, there is a legal mechanism in NYS to create a birth record that has never been cr...
by kontessa
11 Sep 2012, 14:48

Due to Schooling reasons I will be in Argentina for the next 2,3 years but applying in Italy will be quite easy for me so I will definitly be interested to know how your situation is going along or was. My citizenship was recognized in 2010 - it took about 10 months to process once my paperwork was...
by kontessa
11 Sep 2012, 14:31

I did read online at one time or another, that there had been problems with the falsification of documents coming out of either Argentina and/or Brazil. Guess that consulate you're dealing with in Argentina could provide more insight as to whether or not this has anything to do with their decision t...
by kontessa
10 Sep 2012, 21:12

But I'm sorry you have apparently come across incorrect information in these forums from people (mostly using the New York Consulate) who have similar problems and have spread rumors that the consulates will accept birth certificates that have been created for a deceased person. However, when the c...
by kontessa
10 Sep 2012, 21:06

Is it true the Italian state won't accept the birth certificate if it's not the orignal one? It is possible to have a delayed record of birth accepted as part of a jure sanguinis citizenship application. I applied for citizenship in Italy, and had a delayed record of birth accepted for a family mem...