My family is descended from the Faa di Bruno nobles in Asti, Casale, and Alessandria as far back as 1588, when Giovanni Matteo Faa became the first ever Count of Bruno.
I was wondering what I could do to look further, past Giovanni in 1588? I've been told that my family is related to Egyptians, and ...
Search found 8 matches
- 05 Feb 2011, 15:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Advice for an amateur?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2005
- 12 May 2010, 22:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5525
Re: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
johnnyonthespot wrote:Is this your Joseph Zitiello?
Yes, yes! That's Uncle Joseph!
Remarkably enough, I've also been looking for that article and you found it for me!
Thank you so much!
- 12 May 2010, 21:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5525
Re: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
johnnyonthespot wrote:Is that all the detail you have? Do you know the exact date and city where she resided at the time?
I don't have much else except that she lived in Cleveland, Ohio and her husband's name was Joseph Zitiello.
- 12 May 2010, 20:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5525
Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
Looking for Great-Great Grandmother's obituary.
She died in Cuyhoga County, Ohio in 1934.
Her name was Mariasanta Zitiello (nee Isabella).
Thank you so much.
Laurena
She died in Cuyhoga County, Ohio in 1934.
Her name was Mariasanta Zitiello (nee Isabella).
Thank you so much.
Laurena
- 04 May 2010, 13:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Connection between two Italian families?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1957
Connection between two Italian families?
Hello there!
You've all been so incredibly helpful with my family tree.
I was wondering if you could help me one more time.
My family comes from Noicattaro in Puglia with the last name Di Fino.
On the Di Fino family crest/coat of arms, it says we are related to the Faa di Bruno family from ...
You've all been so incredibly helpful with my family tree.
I was wondering if you could help me one more time.
My family comes from Noicattaro in Puglia with the last name Di Fino.
On the Di Fino family crest/coat of arms, it says we are related to the Faa di Bruno family from ...
- 04 May 2010, 12:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname - Isabella
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7751
Re: Surname - Isabella
Yes! That's him!
And his wife was born in July 1905! That's her you found!
Wow, thank you so so so so much!!!
Looks like these records are correct!
from: http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?sessionid=0&next=/html/obit.html&dbchoice=1:dbname=necr&bad=html/authofail.html&style=noframe
Id ...
And his wife was born in July 1905! That's her you found!
Wow, thank you so so so so much!!!
Looks like these records are correct!
from: http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?sessionid=0&next=/html/obit.html&dbchoice=1:dbname=necr&bad=html/authofail.html&style=noframe
Id ...
- 03 May 2010, 20:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Faa di Bruno
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3937
Faa di Bruno
My family is related to the Faa di Bruno family of nobles, and their descendent Antonino Faa di Bruno, who was an Italian actor.
He was even in a Fellini film.
Is there any way I can find out if he had children or grandchildren? I haven't been able to find biographies or an obituary online that ...
He was even in a Fellini film.
Is there any way I can find out if he had children or grandchildren? I haven't been able to find biographies or an obituary online that ...
- 03 May 2010, 18:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname - Isabella
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7751
Surname - Isabella
My great-grandfather Pasquale Di Fino immigrated to America in the early 1900s from Bari, Italy.
He met a woman in America named Antoinette, whom he married.
Antoinette, though, was from an old Italian family called the Isabellas. Her mother married into the family. Shortly after, her husband died ...
He met a woman in America named Antoinette, whom he married.
Antoinette, though, was from an old Italian family called the Isabellas. Her mother married into the family. Shortly after, her husband died ...