Search found 5 matches

by crystalferrara
20 May 2010, 15:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: looking for Sicilian GGP's - Porto Empedocle
Replies: 2
Views: 2625

looking for Sicilian GGP's - Porto Empedocle

Hi all, My research is getting stuck. Looking for help identifying names and dates for my great great grandparents circa 1820-1840 in Porto Empedocle, Agrigento, Sicilia. I'm looking for the parents of my great grandparents, Pietro Catalano and Carmela Muscato. I'm also looking for the parents of my...
by crystalferrara
17 May 2010, 21:26
Topic: Ferrara and Catalano from Porto Empedocle, Sicilia
Replies: 3
Views: 3122

Re: Ferrara and Catalano from Porto Empedocle, Sicilia

Yes, thank you! Have corrected the spelling -- I don't know why I did that. Probably the way it sounded to me phonetically as a little girl hearing the name of the town! Mea culpa!
by crystalferrara
17 May 2010, 21:22
Topic: help finding Porto Empedocle birth records
Replies: 4
Views: 4609

Re: help finding Porto Embedocle birth records

Thanks all for your help. Realize I mispelled the town and it's Porto Empedocle! Now I'm looking for the names and dates for my great-great-grandparents on both sides, all from Porto Empedocle, Agrigento, Sicilia as far as I know. Looking for the parents of Maria Sanfilippo and the parents of her hu...
by crystalferrara
16 May 2010, 06:14
Topic: Ferrara and Catalano from Porto Empedocle, Sicilia
Replies: 3
Views: 3122

Ferrara and Catalano from Porto Empedocle, Sicilia

Hi again,

Sorry all, new to this! My previous post is about surnames Ferrara and Catalano from Porto Empedocle in Sicilia (Agrigento province).

Grazie ancora!
crystal ferrara
by crystalferrara
16 May 2010, 05:52
Topic: help finding Porto Empedocle birth records
Replies: 4
Views: 4609

help finding Porto Empedocle birth records

Hi all, My name is Crystal Ferrara and both my grandfather, Gaetano Ferrara and grandmother, Marianna (Catalano) came to New York from Porto Empedocle in 1910. I have found the manifest from my grandmother and her family coming to New York. I am looking for help finding birth records for my grandpar...