Hi Josh,
Any word from Chicago yet?? Times seem to vary. I never got a letter, but received a voting ballot in Italian in February in the mail! I called and asked why, and Margherita told me they never received anything from the Comune, but that I'm in the AIRE system (?) and to go ahead and apply ...
Search found 12 matches
- 06 May 2013, 21:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4307
- 30 Mar 2012, 20:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago appt recap
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4039
Re: Chicago appt recap
That's interesting, I hadn't heard of this. Most of my documents came from California, with a couple more AR & MO. I wasn't asked to have anything authenticated anywhere else (So far), so hopefully it's all ok.
- 30 Mar 2012, 02:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago appt recap
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4039
Re: Chicago appt recap
Awesome! Thank you so much, I will do this!
- 29 Mar 2012, 21:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago appt recap
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4039
Re: Chicago appt recap
Well, this makes more sense then if the consulates process letters differently! My brother is more upset than I am that I haven't gotten my letter yet. It's really only been 3 months so I'm not surprised. Like you said, Chicago is probably waiting on a letter from the comune (which took 4+ months ...
- 29 Mar 2012, 07:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago appt recap
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4039
Re: Chicago appt recap
Josh,
By "letter of recognition" I am referring to a letter my brother received from the consulate. I was always under the impression that we waited for a letter from the comune, or the consulate waited for that, then sent us a letter. Since he received a letter from the SF consulate literally a ...
By "letter of recognition" I am referring to a letter my brother received from the consulate. I was always under the impression that we waited for a letter from the comune, or the consulate waited for that, then sent us a letter. Since he received a letter from the SF consulate literally a ...
- 28 Mar 2012, 04:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago appt recap
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4039
Re: Chicago appt recap
Hi Josh,
Well, I am still waiting for my letter of recognition. I had to amend a document and didn't get everything officially submitted to her until the week of Christmas. My brother, however, had an appointment in San Francisco in December and got his letter in January! Lucky him!
My Mother is ...
Well, I am still waiting for my letter of recognition. I had to amend a document and didn't get everything officially submitted to her until the week of Christmas. My brother, however, had an appointment in San Francisco in December and got his letter in January! Lucky him!
My Mother is ...
- 16 Oct 2011, 04:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago appt recap
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4039
Chicago appt recap
I had my citizenship appt in Chicago last week. It took about 1.5 hours after waiting a half hour or so. I met with Margherita at a window and stood there while she reviewed my documents against my application form, all done very, very carefully. She was quite nice, and we spoke English. (My Italian ...
- 27 Jan 2011, 15:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago Consulate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1423
Chicago Consulate
Just FYI for anyone planning on applying through Chicago, I requested my appt two days ago. This morning I heard back and was assigned the date of October 7, 2011. Just wanted to share in case anyone wondered what the backlog was.
They also gave me a Friday, possibly since I'm coming from out of ...
They also gave me a Friday, possibly since I'm coming from out of ...
- 08 Jun 2010, 21:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: SF Consulate Experience??
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4160
Re: SF Consulate Experience??
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to see if the Chicago consulate does any mail-in appts, since I am not in IL. My brother will have to go in person since he's only 30 mins from the SF consulate. I guess that's a good thing.
Thanks
Thanks
- 08 Jun 2010, 15:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: SF Consulate Experience??
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4160
Re: SF Consulate Experience??
My brother will apply with the SF consulate, and I will apply with the Chicago consulate. We are combining efforts to obtain documents, and will share the cost of translation too. It will be interesting to see how far apart our appt times/dates are since we will both request them at about the same ...
- 28 May 2010, 22:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization Papers Question
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2971
Re: Naturalization Papers Question
For the benefit of others, I've also read on here that the microfilm copy is the one to get so you can adjust clarity when making your own copies.
Thanks for the help!
Thanks for the help!
- 26 May 2010, 21:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: SF Consulate Experience??
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4160
SF Consulate Experience??
Has anyone had success, or have tips when dealing with the SF consulate? My brother, sister, Mother and I are just starting the process of citizenship via jure sanguinis.
Also, I am in a different jurisdiction than the rest of my family but we wanted to submit a group application. Am I eligible to ...
Also, I am in a different jurisdiction than the rest of my family but we wanted to submit a group application. Am I eligible to ...