Search found 161 matches

by chickenwoman
03 Jul 2015, 05:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lo Serio and Serio
Replies: 3
Views: 1774

Lo Serio and Serio

Hello,
On my gr grandparents marriage cert. my gr grandmother's name is listed as Lo Serio.
Later in some documents it is shortened to Serio. Can they be used interchangeably?

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
28 Dec 2014, 05:40
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death
Replies: 1
Views: 775

Death

Would you please help me translate this death document?

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
06 Dec 2014, 23:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help translate death doc
Replies: 3
Views: 1079

Re: Please help translate death doc

Thank you Livio, that explains a lot.
by chickenwoman
05 Dec 2014, 20:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help translate death doc
Replies: 3
Views: 1079

Please help translate death doc

I was wondering if in these docs they ever contain the cause of death. He was so young.

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
04 Dec 2014, 16:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with a baptism doc
Replies: 3
Views: 1143

Re: Help with a baptism doc

Thank you Erudita. I have the date, but I wanted to make sure that I could get in close enough to be able to be read, so I cropped it.
by chickenwoman
03 Dec 2014, 21:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with a baptism doc
Replies: 3
Views: 1143

Help with a baptism doc

Would you please help me out with the translation of this baptism. I am mostly interested in the, what I guess is the Godmother's name. Was her name Rosalia Bona the daughter of Filippo Amato?

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
28 Nov 2014, 00:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Baptism doc for Grazia Sanfilippo
Replies: 1
Views: 822

Baptism doc for Grazia Sanfilippo

This doc is a little hard to read, but would appreciate any help possible.

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
27 Nov 2014, 21:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translation for baptism doc
Replies: 2
Views: 1289

Re: translation for baptism doc

Thank you so much. That's what I thought it meant,but was unsure.
by chickenwoman
27 Nov 2014, 19:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translation for baptism doc
Replies: 2
Views: 1289

translation for baptism doc

I would appreciate help with the translation of Anna Sanfilippo #223. I don't understand the meaning of Giuseppa Gorgone in Lojacone. I believe this means she is the Godmother, but I don't understand the in Lojacone.

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
11 Nov 2014, 21:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage document
Replies: 5
Views: 1492

Re: Marriage document

Thank you, that helps a lot. Also, thank you for your quick response as well as your knowledge.

Diane
by chickenwoman
11 Nov 2014, 21:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage document
Replies: 5
Views: 1492

Re: Marriage document

Does it happen to say where Antonina and her parents were from?
by chickenwoman
11 Nov 2014, 20:45
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage document
Replies: 5
Views: 1492

Marriage document

On this marriage document document, do I understand it right that Antonina's parents are unknown?
Does this mean that she was adopted?

Thank you,
Diane
by chickenwoman
08 Nov 2014, 07:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Names
Replies: 3
Views: 1410

Re: Names

Thank you so much.
by chickenwoman
08 Nov 2014, 03:35
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Names
Replies: 3
Views: 1410

Names

I was wondering if the name Serio and Lo Serio would be considered the same?

Thank you,
by chickenwoman
03 Nov 2014, 21:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage document
Replies: 5
Views: 1352

Re: Marriage document

Thank you, that was very interesting.