Search found 9 matches

by MissInternet
08 Aug 2010, 21:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Segui??
Replies: 5
Views: 3443

Re: Segui??

Thanks again, Tessa and Maestra. I think you are right, it must be Segni. I looked at the death record and it looked like Segui to me too, then I thought maybe Sequi but didn't find anything listed on the map for that either. Segni is quite close to Artena, so that has to be it. You guys are the bes...
by MissInternet
08 Aug 2010, 21:11
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Segui??
Views: 3443

Segui??

I found my great-great grandmother's death record and it looks like it says she was "Nata in Segui" or born in Segui. I can't find a place called Segui anywhere in Italy. Is there such a place? She died in Artena, which is about 40 km southeast of Rome. Death record is here in case you wan...
by MissInternet
08 Aug 2010, 20:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: More Translation Help - death records
Views: 2779

Re: More Translation Help - death records

Tessa, thank you SO MUCH! This is a big help. Looks like the third one is a different Antonio di Re than the one I'm looking for, but at least I know now... and your translations will be helpful to me to know which parts of that standard form have which information. ...back to the family research ce...
by MissInternet
08 Aug 2010, 18:55
Topic: More Translation Help - death records
Views: 2779

More Translation Help - death records

I (think) I found the death records for my great-great grandparents. I'd be grateful for help with translations.

#1 - Angela Priori Morte
#2 - Aresenio Di Cori Morte
#3 - Antonio Di Re Morte

Thank you to everyone on these forums for always being so helpful!
by MissInternet
03 Aug 2010, 20:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
Views: 2826

Re: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days

Thank you, everyone. I have an Italian-speaking friend who is going to translate for me so I can send an email in Italian!
by MissInternet
31 Jul 2010, 20:57
Topic: Need help with translation of birth records
Replies: 9
Views: 4027

Re: Need help with translation of birth records

I did some googling on my own and the street address listed for the Di Cori birth record must be Via dell'Arco Oscuro. That's a current street in Artena.

Thanks again for your help!
by MissInternet
31 Jul 2010, 20:35

Re: Need help with translation of birth records

Thank you, everyone! This has been very helpful. If the relatives I am looking for went by Clemente Di Cori and Cesarina Di Re, do you think these are them? Is it likely that they were given multiple names and chose to use just one of them? The birth years are pretty close to these records, and I kn...
by MissInternet
31 Jul 2010, 19:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days
Views: 2826

Typical Anagrafe Office Hours/Days

I will be in Italy in September and I am planning on going to the anagrafe office in Artena to try to find information about my family before they came to the U.S. in the early 1900s. Are anagrafe offices typically open weekdays? I don't want to make the trek to town to find the office closed on the...
by MissInternet
31 Jul 2010, 18:52

Need help with translation of birth records

Hello. I found my great-grandparents birth records on microfilm through the LDS Family History Search Center. I printed them out and scanned them in, so hopefully the quality is good enough for someone to help me with these. It might be easier for someone who speaks Italian and has some idea of what...