Search found 12 matches

by fordface951
04 Dec 2010, 19:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Jim....It's EUREKA! I found their marriage license for Jan, 1903; Guiseppe and Teresa arrived in NY May, 1903. I'm in the process of translating with the help of Google. Gaetano is on the certificate as a witness; it's difficult
making some of this out. I didn't get through the second file, I wanted ...
by fordface951
30 Nov 2010, 21:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Hi there Jim....I just got a call today from the Family Search office here
in Pittsburgh. I had ordered 4 files; 2 came in and 2 are on back-order.
I work during the week so the earliest I get there will be Saturday morning.
Thank you so much for your help. I will let you know hopefully what I ...
by fordface951
31 Oct 2010, 00:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Jim....I sent for death certificates yesterday from the state. I don't know if Ill
find any clues there. I'm going to send off a letter to Santa Maria to seek
info for a marriage certificate. Thanks for your help. Hopefully something
will turn up.

Julie
by fordface951
29 Oct 2010, 20:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Jim...1873 is the birth year on his WWI Draft registration card and on his
Petition for Naturalization....

Julie
by fordface951
29 Oct 2010, 10:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Jim and Tessa.....I've been looking again to see if I can find anything on
Family Search and I talked to my mother; she said that they were married
in Italy, but doesn't know what year and can't remember a big anniversary
party.

I wasn't able to find the 1910 census either; this is reassuring that ...
by fordface951
28 Oct 2010, 16:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Jim...Peter A. Rauso, my grandfather, was born in 1905 in Bridgeport, Conn.
Giuseppe and Teresa arrived in NYC in 1903. I was thinking that they may
have married prior to crossing.

Julie
by fordface951
28 Oct 2010, 11:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Jim...That's what I was thinking. No information from the obit and my mother
doesn't know any specifics.

Thanks for the effort.

Julie
by fordface951
28 Oct 2010, 10:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Good morning, Jim.....The only lead that I have at this point is Pasquale.
I was thinking the same thing that their marriage license could be a motherlode . Since he was born in San Prisco does that change where we can find any information; same province. Where could I look for church records ...
by fordface951
28 Oct 2010, 01:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Hi Jim....Before we even start, thank you for your help.

Giuseppe Rauso Birth: 1-28-1873 SMCV; DOD: 1-10-1949
Teresa Santora Birth: 4-18-1875 SMCV; DOD:2-18-1951;both died in Pittsburgh,Pa
They were sponsored by his brother Giovanni who was sponsored by
his brother Thomas.

Giuseppe and Teresa ...
by fordface951
28 Oct 2010, 01:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

Hi Tessa.....Giuseppe and Teresa are my great-grandparents, they settled in
Pittsburgh while Giovanni and his wife, Antonia settled in New Jersey. I don't
know where Thomas went.

I just sent off an e-mail to San Prisco requesting Pasquale's birth record.
I have been searching for months for "a ...
by fordface951
27 Oct 2010, 23:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for my grandfather's roots
Replies: 5
Views: 2204

Re: Looking for my grandfather's roots

If you go to Google translator and type in the Italian it will translate into
English for you.
by fordface951
27 Oct 2010, 23:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Replies: 44
Views: 13864

Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere

I'm going to be visiting Santa Maria Capua Vetere in the spring. My great-
great grandfather Pasquale Rauso was born there abt 1850
They had 3 sons, at least, Guiseppe, Giovanni and Thomas.
All three emigrated to the US. Guiseppe is my great grandfather married
Theresa Santora moved and settled in ...