Search found 10 matches
- 01 Nov 2010, 19:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More help with translation
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3222
Re: More help with translation
Thank you so much, Livio. I knew Giuseppe had returned to Italy that year , as I was able to find his passport application and the passenger manifest for 1924. My grandfather never returned to Italy as he told Camillo he would. By that time, he had three small children and a dairy to run. My mother ...
- 30 Oct 2010, 18:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More help with translation
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3222
Re: More help with translation
Thank you so much, Livio. It is wonderful to be able to have more of a sense of my grandfather's family. He died at the age of 86 when I was 11. We have much more information on my grandmother's side of the family, and very little of his. I am grateful for any little bit of information that I can ...
- 30 Oct 2010, 18:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2889
Re: Help with translation
I hope that is the correct interpretation. Otherwise, we will always wonder why he was "denounced".
Thank you, Livio!
Thank you, Livio!
- 28 Oct 2010, 20:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my grandfather's roots
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2196
Re: Looking for my grandfather's roots
Many thanks to Livio who provided the following translation:
"The certificate that we will promptly send to you,as soon it is legalized, will show you that on the birth registers for the year 1882, your last name is not written as Perocelli but PERUCELLI Giacomo, son of Giovanni and Antonia ...
"The certificate that we will promptly send to you,as soon it is legalized, will show you that on the birth registers for the year 1882, your last name is not written as Perocelli but PERUCELLI Giacomo, son of Giovanni and Antonia ...
- 28 Oct 2010, 20:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: More help with translation
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3222
More help with translation
Following is the link to five letters written over the years to my grandfather and uncle from a relative in Italy. The second and third pages are copies of a paper that was folded in half, similar to a card, and written on front and back. I'm not sure of the page order. (I assume the right side of ...
- 28 Oct 2010, 17:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2889
Re: Help with translation
Thank you so very much, Livio! My mother, aunt and uncle will be so happy to finally have this information. While they spoke the Ticinese dialect of Italian (my grandmother was born in Intragna, Switzerland), it has been many years since my grandparents died (1969 & 1970) and they have forgotten ...
- 28 Oct 2010, 16:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2889
Re: Help with translation
I hope I did it correctly. Its actually a typewritten letter that has aged over the years. Here's the link:
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9092/letter.pdf
Thanks so much!
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9092/letter.pdf
Thanks so much!
- 27 Oct 2010, 23:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2889
Help with translation
I have been looking for my grandfather's roots with little success. His name here in the U.S. was Giacomo Perocelli. He was born in Nibbia, Italy. I have not been able to find him on passenger lists on Ancestry.com or Ellis Island. He claimed to have been in the San Francisco earthquake in 1906, but ...
- 27 Oct 2010, 23:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my grandfather's roots
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2196
Re: Looking for my grandfather's roots
Thanks so much! I'll give it a shot...
- 27 Oct 2010, 22:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my grandfather's roots
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2196
Looking for my grandfather's roots
I have been looking for my grandfather's roots with little success. His name here in the U.S. was Giacomo Perocelli. He was born in Nibbia, Italy. I have not been able to find him on passenger lists on Ancestry.com or Ellis Island. He claimed to have been in the San Francisco earthquake in 1906, but ...